Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

is there an SD adapter for CF type 1 cards?

I bought a used Canon S400 camera which needs a Compact Flash type 1 card. I would like to get an SD adapter for CF type 1 so I can use SD cards. I've search amazon and only see SD adapter for CF type 2 cards. Are there any SD adapter for CF type 1 cards?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?ur...+flash&x=0&y=0
    Sony NEX 3 with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. Canon 300HS, Fuji F70, Panasonic ZS19.

Bascom,

It is doubtful that an SD to CF Type I adapter anyone will take the trouble to create one. Type I spec is only 3.3mm thick and full sized SD cards are 2.1mm. That only leaves 1.2mm for the top and bottom shell and stuffing in contacts which are fairly large on an SD card. Another challenge is the CF pins are close to the full height of the Type I spec. Looking at my Type II adapter the SD slot consumes nearly all the volume beyond the CF pins so I think that the extra height of the Type II spec is used to get the contacts for the SD card in there.

A more likely item to look for is a microSD to CF adapter since microSD is only 1mm thick and they manage to to get those into SD and minSD adapters.

Thanks but I can't find a microSD to CF adapter on the web either.
    Sony NEX 3 with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. Canon 300HS, Fuji F70, Panasonic ZS19.