Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    im still tryign to figure out what questions you want anyone to ask based on your first post.
    HINT: Basically, with the initial steps of the process, having established a "reasonable" amount of light for the image ... the question should be asked on how to manage the settings to provide a more stable-looking image and still get something usable w/o a flash or tripod, for the given amount of light.

But, we shall see. I kind of find it interesting that no one has bitten on this opportunity to learn something. I mean, it isn't rocket science, but just something fun to work with and, perhaps, create the beginnings of a basic understanding of light management, drawbacks of using high-ISO in an intro-DSLR and the true power of in-the-camera-body stability.

Do I really have to spell it out for you, 'Rooz'? I mean, you've been around here for a bit, haven't you?

To coin a phrase ...

"Let's start at the very beginning
    A very good place to start.
    When you read you begin with 'A' 'B' 'C'.

When you image you begin with a SONY"

Sorry ... that's my knock on the "Sound of Photography ... opps, Music."

There are some important principles to be examined here ... and I kind of wish I had someone do that when I was a strapping youth. These cameras can be so much more useful, with a little more knowledge behind the controls. Wouldn't you agree, Mate?
    Last edited by DonSchap; 12-10-2009 at 12:52 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi