Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That's a nice portrait. How's Rusty doing? Was it epilepsy? Is he on meds?
    A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
    Ansel Adams

Rule books are paper, they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
    Ernest K. Gann-Fate is the Hunter.

Nice portrait! He's a good looking dog.
    -Paul-
    Canon 7D - Canon 17-55 IS USM - Canon 70-200mm f/4 IS - Canon 50mm f/1.8 - Sigma 30mm f/1.4 - Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 - Canon 430EX II Speedlite

Thumbs up Seize the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by TenD View Post
    That's a nice portrait. How's Rusty doing? Was it epilepsy? Is he on meds?
    The vet supplied us with some "nutritional tranquilizers" which are a preliminary solution. Rusty tends to be quite attached to me and nervously hunts through the entire house, when I am not there. Right after Thanksgiving, he had three seizures within 36-hours. It made me pretty nervous, because there was no real excitement to trigger them. He had some different kinds of food, after Turkey-Day, so it could have just been some weird food reaction. Anyway, after those ... I started the NTs on a daily basis and have had no re-occurances with him.

Personally, I can live without all the excitement, as so can he. I suppose the "wait and see" attitude will just have to be in play for the holidays. Thank you for asking. I believe he is a lot more comfortable in our home compared to that "awful life" he had before we took him in.

Merry Christmas to one and all, from "Rusty"

Name:  Rusty-merry-xmas-card.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  319.0 KB
    Last edited by DonSchap; 12-13-2009 at 07:47 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Angry Let's have some Christmas cheer!

Folks, we are three days away from Christmas ... and you have NOTHING to post? What? The camera's not workin'? Lenses frosted up?

Something about this is just not right ...

(Thanks for your contributions to the cause, Frank)

If everyone just posted one image ... why, we'd have at least ... TWO!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 12-22-2009 at 12:44 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

don't think you want pictures of the inside of my cubicle, or the outlet malls that my girls have be draggin' me to for Christmas "requirements". Nuff Said
    Joe Holmes
    Sony α550
    Sony HVL-F42AM Flash
    Sony DT18-55 F3.5-5.6 (Kit Lens)
    Minolta Maxxum 50 1:1.7(22) Prime
    Minolta 35-70 F4 (Mini Beercan)
    Minolta 70-210 F4 (Beercan)
    Minolta 28-135 F4-4.5 (This beast is pretty heavy)
    Minolta Maxxum 100-200 F4.5
    Quantaray D28-90 1:3.5-5.6 Ver 5
    Tamron DiII 55-200 1:4.5-6

Thumbs up Lights, camera ... reaction!

Turn the camera on your home ... and the mountain of lights you placed upon it, causing the shuttle astronauts to be confused when returning to Earth.

Right there, around the South Carolina coast ...

Name:  Joe&Mel Xmaslights 2009.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  189.2 KB

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Folks, we are three days away from Christmas ... and you have NOTHING to post? What? The camera's not workin'? Lenses frosted up?

Something about this is just not right ...

(Thanks for your contributions to the cause, Frank)

If everyone just posted one image ... why, we'd have at least ... TWO!
    As this is in the Sony thread and not the general gallery area, you are reducing participants. Perhaps you wanted it that way, as other fanclubs have their own thread, too (including Pentax :-)
    Pentax K20D/K5/15/21/40/70/10-17/12-24, Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5/150-500, Tamron 90 Macro/70-200 2.8, Canon SX20 IS/Elph 500HS
    (formerly Pentax 50 1.4/50-200/55-300/K100D, Sigma 18-50 2.8/70-300 APO, Tamron 28-75, Viv 800, Tele-Tokina 800, Canon S3 IS, Samsung L210)
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q78/KylePix/

No, people are aware of the galleries ... and I would support submissions there, of course. I just am trying to get some specific participation from the SONY bunch, for their own edification.

The posts are waiting, gang ...

frohliche weihnachten
    Last edited by DonSchap; 12-23-2009 at 03:43 PM.

flickr & Sdi

Thumbs up Getting it done!

Here's an idea: Anyone got severe images of the pre-Christmas "nightmare" of preparation for the event? I know it can be a complete mess, because it is, darn near every year, here, as we entertain family ... yep EVERY year, for the past 20!

Ah heck ... the Midwest is getting a Christmas-clobbering, this year. Can you imagine an inch of rain, in Chicago ... in the winter? It is making travel absolutely ... hell on wheels, literally. Hey ... no wonder we do the family entertaining, eh? There is some serious consideration involved in this.

BTW: Could you put this lens under my tree?

Name:  Christmas-toss.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  452.5 KB
    Last edited by DonSchap; 12-24-2009 at 10:38 AM.

flickr & Sdi

christmas has really sneaked up on me this year.
    The new TV, replacing the one that went toes up, prompted me to build an HTPC, a job I've put off for a long time and a project which gave me a few more hassles than expected. Still all done now and just in the nick of time.
    So no new Christmas Photo this year, but the sentiment remains the same ....

HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON TO ONE AND ALL!
    Name:  09 Merry Xmas DSC01675.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  484.6 KB