Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Threaded View

Thumbs up A big sigh of relief ...

Finally, I was able to unload the rest of my Canon stuff ... which was just taking up a lot of shelf space for relatively no return. I trimmed down my GEAR LIST a bit ... and the wallet got fatter.

A good day all around.

One of the vendors at the camera show had a SONY AF 500mm f/8 Reflex lens ... and originally wanted $699 for it, and lowered it to $575 ... but, I just could not rationalize its use up against the far more useful TAMRON SP AF 200-500mm f/5-6.3 Di LD. The reflex is smaller and lighter, but it is just not worth anything more than $500, on a good day. I told him to keep it.

How come no one has a boat load of AF 85mm f/1.4 Gs for $600 or something reasonable, out there?

There is definitely a shortage of SONY-mount glass out there, that's for sure. With all these new a2x0, a3x0, a5x0 cameras coming out, it is disappearing right quick.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 11-08-2009 at 01:04 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi