Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Cool Quiet times in the old forum ... SONY DSLR Halloween Hall of Shame

It's Halloween ... 2009! Now, there's a scary thought. I've been at this for 52 years ... being part of or just watching the "spook show" come and go. In fact, I remember one year ... not a single knock on the door and a bowl full of candy ... went straight in the trash. No, didn't need the extra poundage ... it represented. That gave a whole new meaning to "cutting your losses."

Another year, my brothers and I trudging through an early Chicago snowfall ... where was "global warming" that year? But, at least we went out and muddled through the inclement weather. I suppose it is a "meaner world" when kids decide to "cut their own losses" and not even bother to make the trek around the neighbor hood.

Anyway, I hope a few show up this year, worthy of being placed in the "Halloween Hall of Shame" posting. I have noticed an intense pick up in merchandising, this year, which tends to give me hope.

I mean look at this 30 bar layout. I hope the SNICKERS go first ...

Name:  Before-Halloween-Night.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  145.8 KB

None of those midget bars at my house ... I am trying to put the local Dentists right back to work!

Guess we shall see what the night brings ... muahahahahahaha

Bring on your pics of the ghosts and goblins ... superheroes ... faeries ... animals ... clowns ... bums ... teenagers with axes and other gore ... and where is that eye-popping Lady Godiva-costumed babe ... the protester of Health-care taxation ... or something like that?

Let's see 'em!

Name:  DGHCB-RIP.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  274.9 KB

*Cough - Cough - Cough* "Uh, and whatever ELSE seems to never die!"
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-31-2009 at 11:11 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

its been a busy week..4 super bowl commercials in a row...now that they don't burn film they realy beat the dead horse...all for 30 seconds

Cool Doin' it the "Chicago-way"

"Of coise, youse guys! Fighting fire with proverbial fire ..."

"We're doin' it the Chicaga-way"

Name:  Doin-it-the-Chicago-way.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  299.1 KB
    Last edited by DonSchap; 11-02-2009 at 09:17 AM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Those shoes really kill the costume lol.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Talking Why don't you go where fashion sits? Puttin' on the Ritz!

It's the new "mob" ... what can I tell ya? Change you cannot believe in.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-31-2009 at 07:55 PM.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by dr4gon View Post
    Those shoes really kill the costume lol.
    I was thinking the same thing.LOL I guess they do more running than fighting.LOL If Don had the D7 and recorded it in video you would hear the Rap Music too. LOL Nice image just the same.

Frank
    Sony A77
    Sony A580
    Sony A 100
    Maxxum 400si.
    Sony 18-70 Kit Lens
    Minolta AF 35-70
    Minolta AF 50 f/1.7
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di LD
    Tamron 60mm Macro
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    Tamron 2x Converter
    Sony HVL-F42AM
    Quantaray 70-300 4.5-5.6 Macro
    Slingshot 200 Bag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22083244@N06/

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/sparkie1263/

I don't believe this ... Halloween 2009 has come and gone, and not one image posted in the SONY DSLR forum (other than mine). Folks, this is going to get real boring.

I know I can take images. It is not a contest. Put up your shots ... lets take a look at them and see where and if they need anything. Half the fun of using your advanced camera is IMPROVING using it. There are literally dozens of variables you can weed through, other than the AUTO position.

Thanks, Frank ... we had fun with the image ... footwear aside. The kids had a blast at the Halloween Party they attended, downtown.

@'JimR' ... where are those shots from that 70-300 extension you recently got? How's that workin' for ya?
    Last edited by DonSchap; 11-01-2009 at 12:14 PM.

flickr & Sdi

Here is my only image of the grandchildren which is out of focus. Just trying to make Don happy.LOL

Frank

Name:  Angelena Holloween RS.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  214.7 KB
    Sony A77
    Sony A580
    Sony A 100
    Maxxum 400si.
    Sony 18-70 Kit Lens
    Minolta AF 35-70
    Minolta AF 50 f/1.7
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di LD
    Tamron 60mm Macro
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    Tamron 2x Converter
    Sony HVL-F42AM
    Quantaray 70-300 4.5-5.6 Macro
    Slingshot 200 Bag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22083244@N06/

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/sparkie1263/

Thanks for sharing, Frank ... I knew you would come through. It's just the rest of our "readership" ... I wonder about.

flickr & Sdi