Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by TheObiJuan View Post
    Meh.
    sounds like a duck, walks like a duck.
    so this must be a duck

honestly speaking i lack imagination to see how the price difference between 5DII and D300 can be life saving unless you live somewhere in Africa. sorry to say this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    2xD3's ? hmmm...maybe we need to talk lol
    Rooz, who told me gear was not important a few years ago? now i see more of your postings about gear than photos

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
    now i see more of your postings about gear than photos
    perhaps you havent been looking hard enuf.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    perhaps you havent been looking hard enuf.
    hehe, enjoy it, new gear is like new girl

I also had an A-1. I did have the FD 50mm f1.4. That was such an incredible lens. When I finally went digital, I never even considered which system based on my old SLRs, because FD was a dead end. I went Nikon because the D70 was just so much better feeling than the Canon's of that time. Even the 20D was relatively small in the grip. Fortunately, Canon's fixed that with the later xxD cameras, but I've made my choice, and there's no reason now to switch. So, I agree with the others. Stick with the path you are on. Switching systems is expensive: Both in the pocketbook and in time wasted learning a new system. Both are very capable.
    Eric Lund
    Nikon D200
    Nikkors: 17-55mm f2.8, 18-200mm f3.5-f4.5 VR, 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 VR, 35mm f2, 50mm f1.8, 55mm f2.8 AI-S micro, 105mm f2.8 VR micro
    Other Lenses: Tokina 12-24 f4, Tamron 75-300mm f4-5.6 LD macro
    Stuff: Nikon SB800, Nikon MBD200, Gitzo 1327 Tripod w/RRS BH-55LR Ballhead, Sekonic L-358 meter

Well, each to his own. I found switching to a different brand very satisfying and fun. I had the eos 350d, bought two 400d's, and I could have gone with a 450d or 40d - but I'm glad I tried Nikon instead. It was fun getting all new hardware, and just just a tiny improvement over the camera I already had from the same manufacturer. Not just "more of the same".

Marius, first of all congrats on your D700, should be hell of a camera.

Nikon made a breakthrough while Canon took evolutionary way IMO. The major thing that kept me from Nikon was CCD sensor. Since Nikon moved to CMOS they took the market. I do not know why Canon did what they did. I look at newer Canons and CanNot see what would make me want to upgrade from 400D, the only camera in Canon line up which sounds worth to me is 7D... on FF I lean towards D700 because this feels so bit better than 5DII considering prices are fairly equal. The only thing that makes me shy is Nikon lenses are damn expensive while Canon has some reasonably priced lenses. Buying D700 and putting Sigma on it sounds like an insult, so it is hard choice between APS 7D or FF D700. We will see what happens to prices and cameras next spring when I will perhaps take a hit and upgrade. So my old good pal 400D serves me well and I turn bear in winter which means far fewer photos anyway.

Right now I am spending money on Apple, just saw a new price reduction around so plan to add 3rd Apple to my Apple family and may be Time Capsule. Am I mad? perhaps but I like it this way. And since I got full pack CS4 for Mac I cannot feel more happy. Time to learn editing photos.