Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    The website seems very out of place and the font doesn't match anything.

The where and when text is really hard to read.

This seems more like a graphic design/publishing course.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Red face Exhaustion ...

I have to quit keeping "Australian hours", because I must have been goofy when I popped that last one up. Wow. It was hard to read ...

Anyway ... after some sleep, I went back it ...

Name:  Cabaret-working-poster-8-ALT-COLOR.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  446.8 KB

Money, money

This may work a little better ...
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-26-2010 at 02:05 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi

Is it me or are the colours too Dora the Explorer?

Must be just me!
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr®
    FLUIDR

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha82 View Post
    Is it me or are the colours too Dora the Explorer?

Must be just me!

?
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Cool Looks are important ...

I suppose it looks a little ... sweet. Now, I fight the color palate? Geesh.

I had considered a black and red dichotomy, but felt that was a little extreme.

This is the variant:

Name:  Cabaret-working-poster-latest+8-ALTERNATE-COLOR-2.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  521.7 KB

Tomorrow belongs to me
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-26-2010 at 02:05 AM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    I suppose it looks a little ... sweet. Now, I fight the color palate? Geesh.

I had considered a black and red dichotomy, but felt that was a little extreme.

This is the variant:
    do you think the persons associated with this event, (performers etc), would be comfortable with you promoting their event using the swastika ?
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    do you think the persons associated with this event, (performers etc), would be comfortable with you promoting their event using the swastika ?
    1940s nazi germany or something was the supposed setting. So I guess, yeah.
    flickr

Red face We are soooo about symbolism, aren't we?

Hey, if you didn't like the way the "BIG ONE" turned out ... take it up with Adolf! This entire play addressed the rising Germany ... from the tragedy imposed by the Treaty of Versailles on Deutschland. It goes with all the 1930 Nazi hoopla and propaganda, The song "Money, Money" gets right to the heart of their economic issue (click on the poster at the top of this page). In fact, it is a darn good history lesson that is slowly trying to be forgotten by various factions, so that the younger people do not see the future that is coming, based on the lunacy of that horrible past. Poor policy decisions create monsters (click on the second "red" poster and you'll kind see what I mean).

Art often reflects the realities of life being lived or having had been lived. It also offers a launching pad for the new and novel. I don't think Julius Caesar was too keen on edged weapons in the hands of Senators, either, yet William Shakespeare had no problem bringing his work to the stage.

Anyway, this is "Cabaret" ... warts and all.

All I can say is that my eyes are quickly being opened in ways I would not have imagined, as the structured-style gives way to "anything goes!" Do I agree? I have to ask, "Does it matter?" History should serve as a warning to everyone. That is specifically why we record it.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-20-2010 at 10:52 PM.

flickr® & Sdi

Question A work in progress?

Moving along ... turned in my first preliminary image .. and was given several suggestions for "improving" on it. I'm not sure I totally agree, but here it is ...

Name:  Cabaret-RED-real-color.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  484.1 KB

Willkommen

'Rooz' should really a kick out of this one, with the background at FULL POWER! oh meine Güte
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-26-2010 at 02:04 AM.

flickr® & Sdi

Don,

If the goal is to try and make it of that time period (more authentic), then the latest version is much better. Full red and black was the theme of the day in Germany at the time. And, I have to say, I appreciate the detail in the Cabaret lettering.

That said, with the full color background, now the hat appears slightly washed out and overexposed. I would recommend a slight darkening (about 1/3 stop) of the hat.
    Darin Wessel
    α 900
    Zooms: Tamron SP AF70-200mm f2.8 Di LD Macro; Sigma 28-90mm D macro, Konica-Minolta 18-70 f3.5-5.6
    Primes: Minolta 28mm f2.8; Sony 50mm f1.4
    Minolta RC-1000 remote commander

Film:
    Calumet Cambo CC400 4x5 View Camera
    YashikaMat 6x6 TLR (other accessories)
    Minolta Maxxum 7000 w/ Minolta 35-80mm f/4-5.6 & Minolta 2800 flash
    Minolta Maxxum 5000i & Vivitar 728 AFM flash
    What's next???