Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 35 of 84 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Wink That was body-paint?

Darin,

you are not the first mention this "aspect" of the shot. That dress was quite reflective and I have been debating a "tone down" of the area. In a way, it does have its own "quality" to it. I'll give it a go ... you never know until you do.

@Peter: Concerning the glass location ... I did have her move the glass through the scene ... trying to "find it" in the images ... and this was the one where it stood out the best. But, the weird part, as I was dropping off to sleep, I was troubled as how to improve the existing shot and thought I might just tone down the background ... to highlight the glass. It might have been cool to hit it with some kind of spot illumination, but ... did not have any to speak of.

EDIT: Here is the redo with Post:

Name:  _DSC3869-finalt.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  234.3 KB

I think it works better ... thanks. The space under her bottom ... err, I mean at the bottom of the photo is for text and what not.

Addition:

EXIF: a850 w/ SIGMA 24-70mm f/2.8 DG EX IF HSM lens
    @ 50mm - f/7.1 - 1/125 sec. - ISO-800 - CWA - Tungsten - Handheld

Last edited by DonSchap; 11-24-2010 at 09:08 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Question A touch of the bubbly?

I did the restaurant shots, to kind of get an initial feel for how they would be ... and it will take considerably more lighting to get the hair right. I lost the server's hair in the shadows ... and will address that on Monday, when we re-shoot with different models.

Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post

@ 50mm - f/4 - 1/50 sec. - ISO-800 - CWA - Tungsten - Handheld

[/CENTER]
    Don,
    On that last one, the lighting is quite harsh. It makes the model look awfully pale. My 2.

I took the saturation down a notch to see if it improved the elegance and the appearance of the stockings. Try not to look at it against the other images, just on its own merit. I can restore it without any issue. I also could selectively desat the legs.

Moving ahead, I did a couple of preliminary restaurant shots:

I know these shots are difficult to deal with and it kind of reveals the need for hair illumination.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 11-19-2010 at 04:33 PM.

flickr & Sdi

I took the saturation down a notch to see if it improved the elegance and the appearance of the stockings. Try not to look at it against the other images, just on its own merit. I can restore it without any issue. I also could selectively desat the legs.
    Well, the more I look at the picture, the more it seems overexposed. Her face looks "pale as a ghost", and her shoes are blown out. Also, the body paint looks gray instead of black.

Talking Adjusting ...

Quote Originally Posted by jr_rodriguez View Post
    Well, the more I look at the picture, the more it seems overexposed. Her face looks "pale as a ghost", and her shoes are blown out. Also, the body paint looks gray instead of black.
    Okay already, here you go:

Name:  _DSC3807-leg-work.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  304.0 KB
    @ 50mm - f/4 - 1/50 sec. - ISO-800 - CWA - Tungsten - Handheld

Last edited by DonSchap; 11-19-2010 at 06:37 PM.

flickr & Sdi

Okay already, here you go:

Name:  _DSC3807-leg-work.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  304.0 KB
    That's better

Moving ahead, I did a couple of preliminary restaurant shots:

I know these shots are difficult to deal with and it kind of reveals the need for hair illumination.
    Like these two.

Thumbs up The shoot continues ...

To be honest, this was only the first shoot. Part Deux is on Monday, with a whole new cast of characters. Admittedly, nothing quite as dramatic or fun as the "Martini Girl", but it should be educational. I will be shooting "groups", hopefully, learning how to optimize my available lighting and create something ... reasonable.

I really have not learned these advanced, multi-light source techniques, as they are coming in the next quarter. Regardless, I do believe that I get more out of just experimenting, than reading about it. It is a give/take, to be sure.

I do need to pound out some solo shots for the talent, because this is at their discretion, they are posing for images, for improving their respective portfolios. I pray that I am up to the task.

Anyway ... it all starts at 9:30a

flickr & Sdi

Smile Variations on a theme ...

I was messing around with the over the shoulder MG-shot and came up with this variant:

"Drink?"

Name:  _DSC3920-spec-eff-enhanced.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  272.6 KB

I tell ya, schoolwork is just hell ...
    Last edited by DonSchap; 11-20-2010 at 05:45 AM.

flickr & Sdi