Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Threaded View

Wink That was body-paint?

Darin,

you are not the first mention this "aspect" of the shot. That dress was quite reflective and I have been debating a "tone down" of the area. In a way, it does have its own "quality" to it. I'll give it a go ... you never know until you do.

@Peter: Concerning the glass location ... I did have her move the glass through the scene ... trying to "find it" in the images ... and this was the one where it stood out the best. But, the weird part, as I was dropping off to sleep, I was troubled as how to improve the existing shot and thought I might just tone down the background ... to highlight the glass. It might have been cool to hit it with some kind of spot illumination, but ... did not have any to speak of.

EDIT: Here is the redo with Post:

Name:  _DSC3869-finalt.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  234.3 KB

I think it works better ... thanks. The space under her bottom ... err, I mean at the bottom of the photo is for text and what not.

Addition:

EXIF: a850 w/ SIGMA 24-70mm f/2.8 DG EX IF HSM lens
    @ 50mm - f/7.1 - 1/125 sec. - ISO-800 - CWA - Tungsten - Handheld

Last edited by DonSchap; 11-24-2010 at 09:08 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi