Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Threaded View

Talking Reversing sides

Happily, this solution cost no more $. I was able to reverse the horizontal mounting from the left to the right, quite simply, actually, and that did it

The mecablitz flash head is now completely clear of the gimbal mount and the camera has relatively full tilt, again.

I suppose it is a little awkward, considering the normal left-hand side operation of the mount, but it is flexible enough for the change around and does work from the right-side, too. I can achieve about 210° of y-axis rotation with it now. 0° being completely horizontal ... from -82° on the decline to +118° on the ascent, before the mount meets the mecablitz's hot-shoe adapter. Anything on the hot-shoe precludes any further rotation. Regardless, this +118° is well past vertical (90)° and I can always rotate the x-axis 180° around and track back down.

EDIT: I took a few to kind of show the operation, now

Okay, let's swing through vertical ...

Vertical

28° past Vertical

Try that with a ball-head!

I suspect you would like this, Pete. It can really handle all the weight.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 09-03-2010 at 12:23 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi