Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Threaded View

Cool The Steel Dolphin

They really do little with photography ... it's almost all based on illustration techniques ... and while that can be fun ... it is not what I am after. There are only three weeks left to the class, anyway. One final project. Now, get this ... a printed and mounted 24 x 36-inch image. Estimated cost ... $90! Ideas are to be submitted by Tuesday, 3/9.

Unfortunately, It cannot be done on my EPSON 3800, as 17-inches is as wide as it goes. I need to find a EPSON 7880 to make it happen, but I am not buying one of those. $3995 MSRP for the Colorburst edition! A kick-rear printer, but seriously out of my price range.

I could pick up a 7600 for a reasonable price, but while the 3800 easily takes a table top, that bad boy takes up some serious room. The ink cartridges are $70 each and it takes seven.

Oh, what fun

If you guys really want to see an ink-eater ... the EPSON 11880 can handle 64" wide paper.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 03-05-2010 at 08:04 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi