Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Threaded View

Lightbulb How about some more ... ed-ja-macation

Well, after being a "novice" for so long ... with only a Photography Certificate to show for it, I have pretty much decided to explore furthering my "understanding" (or lack thereof), by seriously considering going back to school to complete a Bachelor's in Digital Photography.

In a way, it seems a trifle late in the old hobby to be doing this, but then again, Welcome to the Obama-Nation. Plus, last time I checked, I was not getting any younger and there still was a car-load more to know about this sport.

I figure if I am going to move up to the glory glass, I will need to have the business need to achieve it. In other words, I need to be able to "write it off" as a student or business expense. If this works, I will have two bags of glass going ... one for lightweight pleasure ... and the other for impressing the masses.

For those who have resisted have to attend classes to learn photography ... I respectfully suggest you beat feet to you local ed-ja-macation facility and take part in doing so. Just one or two classes can only improve your output of these sophisticated and powerful tools for harnessing light.

Can you imagine ... school all over again? What will I teach them?
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-08-2010 at 10:54 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi