Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adios amigos

Quote Originally Posted by fdexclpl View Post
    i get the feeling that sonynut doesn't want us hanging around here anymore. I think we made him angry.:d
    no i just think it's pointless...and serves no purpose to anyone coming here looking at pics,info, exc thinking they are from / about sony products .

You won't see me posting in the canon forum

I think this forum would be a poorer place without contributions from the four of you, I may not share your reasons for switching but I respect your right to choose. I say, hang on in here and if you have a killer shot (or not so killer) to post, why not do so. Obviously I would not expect you to proselytise but opinions from a different perspective, especially given your Sony experience shouldn't be unwelcome.
    A lot of discussions are about photography technique and that is rarely camera dependent. In which case, what does it matter which camera was used; personally, I'd find it difficult to identify a specific camera just by looking at the web images reproduced here. You'd have to be viewing the original images and even then ....

Quote Originally Posted by SONYNUT View Post
    no i just think it's pointless...and serves no purpose to anyone coming here looking at pics,info, exc thinking they are from / about sony products .

I still like the people on this forum. I've learned an awful lot and still enjoy seeing the pics and reading the discussions. You never know I may come back to Sony some day. There are things that I miss from my a700. It is a great camera.
    -Paul-
    Canon 7D - Canon 17-55 IS USM - Canon 70-200mm f/4 IS - Canon 50mm f/1.8 - Sigma 30mm f/1.4 - Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 - Canon 430EX II Speedlite

Quote Originally Posted by fdexclpl View Post
    I still like the people on this forum. I've learned an awful lot and still enjoy seeing the pics and reading the discussions. You never know I may come back to Sony some day. There are things that I miss from my a700. It is a great camera.
    Just out of curiosity, what do you miss from the A700?

Battle of the Brands

I for one would be very interested in the opinions of those who have moved away from Sony to other brands or moved to Sony from other brands as to any differences, positive or negative, that they notice.

For example, Nikon champions itself as rendering truer colors. Then there's the Sigma cameras that tout having the Foveon direct image sensor that "can capture all primary RGB colors at each and every pixels arranged in three layers, insuring the capture of full and complete color." Or, there's Fugi's SLR camera (Nikon body/lenses) that has combination of large and micro pixels that is touted as capturing sharper images.

It would also be interesting to hear the experiences of IS stabilized lenses vs. in-body stabilization. I for one am constantly amazed that with the Sony A900, I am able to often go hand-held with shutter speeds as slow as 1/10 sec with a long lens like the Tamron 70-200 and as slow as 1/2 sec with shorter lenses and still get a sharp image (for stationary objects).
    Darin Wessel
    α 900
    Zooms: Tamron SP AF70-200mm f2.8 Di LD Macro; Sigma 28-90mm D macro, Konica-Minolta 18-70 f3.5-5.6
    Primes: Minolta 28mm f2.8; Sony 50mm f1.4
    Minolta RC-1000 remote commander

Film:
    Calumet Cambo CC400 4x5 View Camera
    YashikaMat 6x6 TLR (other accessories)
    Minolta Maxxum 7000 w/ Minolta 35-80mm f/4-5.6 & Minolta 2800 flash
    Minolta Maxxum 5000i & Vivitar 728 AFM flash
    What's next???

Because it's an open forum (this is DCRP, not dyxum) and we're all here to contribute?

Quote Originally Posted by DWessel View Post
    I for one will certainly miss Elisha32 and dr4gon's Sony POTD posts.

Elisha, I am constantly amazed and awed by your portraiture shots.

Dr4gon's macro shots are some of the best and constantly remind me of why I have a prime macro lens on my list of future glass.
    Thanks!
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by jr_rodriguez View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what do you miss from the A700?
    -I miss the Exposure Lock. You can't toggle it on and off on the 50D. It only stays locked for a short time.
    -The lack of a real rear dial takes some getting used to. The daisy wheel thing seems a little, weird.
    -I wish the 50D had an MF/AF toggle.
    -I don't find the lack of IS at wide angle to be much of a problem.
    -ISO-1600 is more than useable!
    It did suck to spend $600 more for a stabilized 70-200 f/4 but it takes awesome pictures!!
    -Paul-
    Canon 7D - Canon 17-55 IS USM - Canon 70-200mm f/4 IS - Canon 50mm f/1.8 - Sigma 30mm f/1.4 - Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 - Canon 430EX II Speedlite

Quote Originally Posted by DWessel View Post
    I for one will certainly miss Elisha32 and dr4gon's Sony POTD posts.

Elisha, I am constantly amazed and awed by your portraiture shots.

Dr4gon's macro shots are some of the best and constantly remind me of why I have a prime macro lens on my list of future glass.
    Thanks dude!
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Quote Originally Posted by dr4gon View Post
    Because it's an open forum (this is DCRP, not dyxum) and we're all here to contribute?

Thanks!
    I GUESS YOU MISSED THE PART WHERE IT SAYS..

Manufacturer Specific Forums > Sony Digital SLRs

I GUESS YOU MISSED THE PART WHERE IT SAYS..

Manufacturer Specific Forums > Sony Digital SLRs
    You sound like Don now lol...

I guess I also noticed the ...dcresource.com part in the URL bar, but whatever.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II