Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Red face I say "SO!" (The nagging significant other issue)

It is a perfect example of "SO" say so.

A lot of photographers suffer from it ... and I really believe it holds back your true creativity. I mean, if you can dump your ready cash into your equipment, you'll have "the keys to the optical kingdom."

Imagine the ability to just pony up and buy a SONY AF 300mm f/2.8 G SSM lens any old time you want to. Or better yet, when the time comes, get a Hasselblad H4D (<- click here)

Name:  H4D60.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  40.0 KB

and the associated lensing to support it!

That would be the anti-"SO" move of moves. When you need to get some attention ... I imagine this should do it.

After you show your "SO" the price of this puppy (body only), everything else just kind of falls into perspective. Even if I SOLD all my SONY stuff (even at Elisha's awfully-inflated prices) ... I couldn't touch half of this.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-13-2009 at 08:10 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Ouch, I don't think I would have opted for a 7D over a D90 and better glass, but welcome to Canon. Look out for that 85/1.8, the 10-22, 17-55, and any of the 70-200Ls. All are fabulous lenses. Dr4gon and I are pretty stoked about the 100L Macro IS.

I love the wheel on the back, I guess you just get used to it. I was part of the reason I went with the Canon, so I was a bit surprised to hear you and Ryan complain about it. I also find it funny that so many people are going Canon instead of Nikon, but I did the same thing...

I don't think I've mentioned that I recently picked up a later Minolta film camera (maybe 500i, can't remember), I've even been considering purchasing another 50/1.7. The camera is actually on loan to a friend right now. I miss that 50 and my beercan.
    Jason Hamilton
    Selective Frame

EOS 5D - Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 35 f/2, EF 50mm f/1.8 Mk II, EF 70-210 f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro, Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 (with EOS adapter), 430EX, Canon S90
    Nikon FE - Nikkor 35mm f/2 AI'd, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AI, Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 AI, F to EF adapter, 2xVivitar 285, other lighting stuff
    Mamiya C220 - 80mm f/2.8

Gear List flickr

Still not impressed with the ferris wheel but I'm getting used to it.

BTW I sold my flash a couple of days ago.
    Ordered the RF-602 trigger and receiver and another YN-460 so I can do off-camera flash again!
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR