Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The problem I face is having to pay 13% tax on anything new I buy :-(
    If I didn't have to, I'd jump on the 7D with 18-135mm without a question!

The damn D90 corrupted my 16gb Class 10 card earlier....not too impressed!
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Well, I have a couple of lenses left in my inventory, Elisha (check my gear list) ... but, I am also a little miffed about the loss of that 50mm f/1.4 ... since I was rather "reasonable" about what I sold it for. Hmmm
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Well, I have a couple of lenses left in my inventory, Elisha (check my gear list) ... but, I am also a little miffed about the loss of that 50mm f/1.4 ... since I was rather "reasonable" about what I sold it for. Hmmm
    Well the buyer didn't bargain.....what can I say
    He even drove from Toronto to Guelph on a Sunday to pick it up!
    He wasn't too impressed with the Sony front cap that came from you though!

Thought you were all for capitalism?
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Yeah ... so buy up the rest of my Canon stuff, Mr. Big Bucks! It's in great shape.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

LOL don't worry....if I decide to go with Canon, I'll PM you about your Canon EF 35mm f/2.
    However I'm still undecided.
    I kinda like the layout of the D300s more with the dual mode dials like the Sony.

Just to be clear....I only moved on because of video and not because I was dissatisfied with Sony.
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Well, Canon does video better. The D300s video will look identical to the D90's video (slow, jello like, and lower res). The 7D on the other hand...... 1080p @ 24 and 30fps and 720p at 60fps is incredible.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by dr4gon View Post
    Well, Canon does video better. The D300s video will look identical to the D90's video (slow, jello like, and lower res). The 7D on the other hand...... 1080p @ 24 and 30fps and 720p at 60fps is incredible.
    What's the focusing like in video on that camera? Haven't seen many reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha82 View Post
    The problem I face is having to pay 13% tax on anything new I buy :-(
    If I didn't have to, I'd jump on the 7D with 18-135mm without a question!

The damn D90 corrupted my 16gb Class 10 card earlier....not too impressed!
    If you don't mind buying online, www.thecamerastore.com generally has the best prices in Canada, plus they've got an excellent rating on resellerratings.com

Best thing? No provincial taxes since they're in Alberta (still get GST, I think)
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

Quote Originally Posted by jekostas View Post
    What's the focusing like in video on that camera? Haven't seen many reviews.
    Well lol I just found out you can AF in video with the AF-on button (shutter button takes a picture, half way down does nothing). It focuses just as fast as live view for a camera like that (contrast detect). Sometimes it's fast, sometimes slow depending on there you're trying to focus on. It has limited applications for sure.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

how much for the flash
    sony A300
    tamron 17-50 2.8
    Sony SAL 11-18
    Sony 35 1.8

Lightbulb Changing brands is common at the "low end" ... there's no investment

Quote Originally Posted by fdexclpl View Post
    Wow, that's three people in a month.
    Yeah. kind of reminds me of what happened when the α700 first came out ... and there was a migration to SONY to get the "Super SteadyShot" inside. Heck, it made my decision agonizingly easy. Still does.

There are those who want the bells & whistles. Then there are those who would like serious improvement. Then there are those who are just sticks in the mud and say ... be patient.

SONY has something in the pipe ... so if you already have the "serious" glass, waiting might just be the real pay-off. Anyway, go take some pictures and put something on that Compact Flash or SONY Memory Stick. That's why you have the camera, right?

flickr & Sdi