Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    So since the vivitar sells for about a hundred more, i'm wondering if it is like an old slr lens..hmmmmmm..webites tell you nothing..they all claim to be fully compatible with computer but how can they...sounds like bs to me

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    I tell ya, 'Rooz' ... I'd give it all up and start over ... if I could afford the H4D, lenses and future lenses. Alas, I do not have "ready access" to that level of cash. One day, real soon, perhaps ... just not right now.

Anyway, here's the mount end, Steve.
    If you sold 2/3s of the crap in your gear list, you'd have that Hasselblad, Don.
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

That's rich (pardon the pun) ... I wish I had that kind of investment. $41K is serious money. I'd have to own all-Canon glass to even get close (yes, you lucky Canon-owners know precisely what I refer to). I know, that's precisely why I abandoned their ship!

Still ... I am trying to finger out why buying a MANUAL lens boils down to some kind of major mistake. Just who are you trying to convince?
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-15-2009 at 06:28 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    That's rich (pardon the pun) ... I wish I had that kind of investment. $41K is serious money. I'd have to own all-Canon glass to even get close (yes, you lucky Canon-owners know precisely what I refer to). I know, that's precisely why I abandoned their ship!

Still ... I am trying to finger out why buying a MANUAL lens boils down to some kind of major mistake. Just who are you trying to convince?
    BS. The same glass Sony offers in the same focal lengths is more expensive than the equivalent Canon glass in almost every instance. Tamron is usually inferior in some shape or form, whether it's focus speed, or IQ, or build or all of the above....The only thing you've gained by moving to Sony was the in body IS, and I took on your challenge and conquered that too.

It's not buying the manual glass necessarily, it's the buying multiples of mediocre glass that add up to more than the necessary funds to buy top quality stuff and then complaining you don't have the money to buy that expensive stuff.

I've said it before: You've already purchased fantastic glass, unfortunately you've just chosen to buy it in $200-400 increments of mediocre glass instead of going for the gusto. $200 here $200 there, 5 $200s = one nice piece of CZ or top quality Sony glass.
    A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
    Ansel Adams

Rule books are paper, they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
    Ernest K. Gann-Fate is the Hunter.

i had the Hasselblad hd3..broke 3 times in 5 months...i told them to shove it the 3rd time

I'm not waiting for the build up ... if I want that lens, I will eventually buy it. I'm still not convinced it is worth the coin.

I would rather concentrate on acquiring a 400mm f/4.5, if anything. The economy has been brutal ... I need to become a pilot of something.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by SONYNUT View Post
    i had the Hasselblad hd3..broke 3 times in 5 months...i told them to shove it the 3rd time
    Wow ... that's not a good track record, Steve. What's the alternative ...?

Mamiya?
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-15-2009 at 07:25 PM.

flickr® & Sdi

my sony..
    the hass was a bit overkill anyway

Question what is in a number?

It certainly had its costs ... @ $21K for the body

That's quite a nice set up in SONY stuff, that's for sure. All the killer glass ...

70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM = $1600
    70-200mm f/2.8 G SSM = $1800
    24-70mm f/2.8 CZ = $1600
    16-35mm f/2.8 CZ = $1900
    135mm f/1.8 CZ = $1480
    85mm f/1.4 CZ = $1370

Total (ding, ding, ding) = a wallet shredding $9,750 !!!

I think they give you free delivery with that, too.

Toss in a pair of α900s @ $2700/ea = $5400

for a grande total of $15,150
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-15-2009 at 08:43 PM.

flickr® & Sdi

yes yes yes. you have posted all the numbers before. try telling us what you have spent on all the overlapping crap glass you currently own. now, pls make sure you post photo comparisons with the cz85.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr