Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Uh, no ...
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi

Then i wonder if the vivitar works like a md on a srT series camera??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I doubt it. The lens is made for different mounts and that's not an Alpha Mount.
    The only pics I've seen of the lens don't show an aperture tab, so which one is this?
    Here's a shot of a focus confirm chip attached to the Samyang (I think that's a Canon Mount) and no tab.

Name:  Samyang85.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  196.7 KB

the background bokeh looks horrendous. contrast is pretty poor as one would expect i suppose. that dog is drop dead gorgeous, (the live dog i mean).
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Agree about the dog.
    I've seen shots where Bokeh was good so we need more examples.

Lightbulb Second Opinion

I sat down with another photographer, yesterday, and we went through the build-quality and the ease of use of the Rokinon MF 85mm f/1.4 lens. Swapping between the standard focusing screen and the enhanced manual screen, the value was obvious of having the "M" screen in the camera, when using this lens. Of course, if you are more than willing to pony up $1400 for the AF CZ 85mm f/1.4 ... the alternate screen probably is a blow-off.

Hmmm, let's see ... $50 M-screen versus $1150 more spent in a AF-capable lens? Yeah ... there's a contest.

Anyway, he stated he'd buy one ... considering it BQ and IQ. For the cost ... just having this lens available for portraiture seems a perfectly reasonable solution ... until you are ready to really spend some dough.

In fact: If you already have the CZ 135mm f/1.8 (awesome lens), this really is the cheapest solution to having a little brother for use on the APS-C camera body.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-15-2009 at 11:03 AM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post

Hmmm, let's see ... $50 M-screen versus $1150 more spent in a AF-capable lens? Yeah ... there's a contest. .
    lol you go from the ridiculous to the utterly ridiculous.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Lightbulb It's the economy, s***** ... uh, silly!

Well, when the economy gets better ... if ever ... I'll use Australian currency to buy it. Your dollar is rapidly gaining on ours. Better yet, big guy ... YOU buy it. Yeah, now that's an idea I can live with.

For now, though, MANUAL FOCUS for everybody! Too cheap to leap!

I think there is a fellow photographer, this weekend, that has a CZ 85mm f/1.4 I can shoot a side-by-side with. Now, that, will be interesting.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-15-2009 at 03:31 PM.

flickr® & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Well, when the economy gets better ... if ever ... I'll use Australian currency to buy it. Your dollar is rapidly gaining on ours. Better yet, big guy ... YOU buy it. Yeah, now that's an idea I can live with.

For now, though, MANUAL FOCUS for everybody! Too cheap to leap!

I think there is a fellow photographer, this weekend, that has a CZ 85mm f/1.4 I can shoot a side-by-side with. Now, that, will be interesting.
    we've been thru this nonsense before. you spend the money already...so its not about the money. the 2 lens' are INCOMPARABLE. simple as that.

by all means compare the 2 and please post some photos of the comparison for a change. please make sure that they are in focus and exposed correctly though.

oh while your at it, since your talking "cheap" run your rig against say an lx3 please. $300 VS $4000...yeah...there's a contest.
    flickr

Cool Smooth mount

I tell ya, 'Rooz' ... I'd give it all up and start over ... if I could afford the H4D, lenses and future lenses. Alas, I do not have "ready access" to that level of cash. One day, real soon, perhaps ... just not right now.

Anyway, here's the mount end, Steve.

Name:  SONY-Mount.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  286.2 KB

flickr® & Sdi