Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peekayoh View Post
    Which Zeiss?
    he's getting the 85mm F/1.4
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Ooooh, Nice!

Get it yet don?

Red face "It's in the mail!"

Nah ... probably early next week. I'm having a fellow photographer stop by to give it his evaluation, also. I've begun setting up the portable studio with all the lights ... to provide true portrait capability. I'll need to find a "cutie" subject to pop in the scene, but I'm working on it. Might as well have some fun with it.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi

I ENDED UP CANCELING THE SONY 85...THEY PISSED ME OFF(TELLING ME IT WAS IN STOCK)..NOT TO MENTION I NEEDED IT FOR THIS MONDAY...I WILL MAKE DUE WITH THE 135..I'LL JUST BACK UP A BIT..LOL....

I DID COME ARCOSS THIS FOR YA..
    http://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-85mm-1-4-t16102.html
    Last edited by SONYNUT; 10-10-2009 at 11:43 PM.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=650972

I MAY JUST GET THE VIVITAR JUST TO HAVE.. I WAS ALREADY LOOKING AT THEM A WHILE AGO.....LOOKING AT IT NOW I NOTICED THE APERATURE LINK..SO IM GUESSING IT WORKS LIKE A REGULAR SLR..NOT FULL MANAUL AP, WHERE YOU HAVE TO DIAL UP TO LOOK THEN DOWN TO SHOOT..THIS I CAN LIVE WITH..AS FOR THE MANUAL FOCUS,THAT IS WHAT I USE MOST ANYWAY...

I LIKE THE LOOK OF THE VIVITAR AS APPOSED TO THE OTHERS..SO WHO KNOWS. 1 MIGHT SHOW UP ON MY DOORSTEP

What did I miss? It's full manual, surely.

Question Manually adding features???

Some guy got one, hacked a notch out, and "chipped" it, I heard ... but, there wasn't much on that. I guess I do not understand why SamYang is not already doing that and giving the lens some metering capability. Yeah, the price goes up a bit, but wouldn't you think it would be a lot more competitive.

Ah, "MANUAL" is manual ... nothing new. I already have both of the cameras ready for it. (shrug)
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-11-2009 at 10:27 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi

chip doesnt do much for ya..

Sure it does. Antishake!