Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thumbs down Chicago blows the big bid!

I was going to go down to Daley Plaza, today, to get some images of the 10,000 gathered to hear the Olympic Committee's Announcement for the 2016 Games. Man, I missed the shot of some very shocked faces and awe-struck disappointment when the city lost out in the FIRST ROUND of voting.

Man, Mayor Daley is going to really take it on the chin with this one and with good reason. All of the big budget ideas and plans that were secured ... GONE!

Also my photographic opportunity of a life time.

Oh well, SONY will have to find someone else to flash the name brand down in Rio. Wow ...
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Of course they lost..1/2 the time they can't even spell their own city's name correctly...

Chigago...just ask nike who had local printers do all the graphics for 'everything'...t shirts..programs.. Souveniers...everything had chigago on it

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    I was going to go down to Daley Plaza, today, to get some images of the 10,000 gathered to hear the Olympic Committee's Announcement for the 2016 Games. Man, I missed the shot of some very shocked faces and awe-struck disappointment when the city lost out in the FIRST ROUND of voting.

Man, Mayor Daley is going to really take it on the chin with this one and with good reason. All of the big budget ideas and plans that were secured ... GONE!

Also my photographic opportunity of a life time.

Oh well, SONY will have to find someone else to flash the name brand down in Rio. Wow ...
    So, no pictures?
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Unhappy Mobility hits the skids

I got myself injured this morning ... nice sprain of my left ankle. So ... being hobbled, I gave up the idea of trying to battle for position and attempt this crowd. But, doggone, it would have been an awesome catch, none-the-less.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-02-2009 at 02:17 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

What.. No cell phone pic either...

Red face Caught ... flat-footed

Heck, I haven't been out of the house for two days! I'm really bad with managing pain ... and humping around, half able to walk, in the downtown area, with a bunch of very unhappy revelers ...

Name:  smiley_disappointed.gif
Views: 44
Size:  213 Bytes

well, just doesn't sound too prudent. Sorry ... that picture is going to have be sourced ... elsewhere.

Buck up, Chicago ...
    Name:  AFP source.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  44.7 KB
    thanks to AFP

Because it's Rio, baby!
    Name:  its rio baby - afp.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  17.5 KB
    thanks to AFP
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-03-2009 at 03:03 PM.

flickr & Sdi