Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thumbs down Water, water ... c'mon already!

We had a water main break right under our driveway, about four years ago ... leaving my yard flooded and ducks swimming around in what used to be my lawn. They ripped a good quarter of my drivweway out, to excavate down to the cracked main ... and repaired it.

So, tonight the water pressure drops to zero ... I race out the door and three houses down, up the street ... ANOTHER ONE!

Name:  Bubbling-disaster.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  446.0 KB

My yard is flooded, again, as I am on one of the downhill slopes of the neighborhood. Yes, there is a lower level nearby, but I don't want to think of how much water it would take to breach down to it, too.

Name:  Water-Main-break-9-26-09_Panorama1.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  449.3 KB

And the hits just keep on coming!
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Better water than sewer...we used to live at the bottom of the line..well guess where it all went when it got plugged after our house....

Angry I am really tired of this ...

Water can be terrible ... if you have a basement. Yeah, sewage would be bad, too.

All taken with α850 w/ T28-75mm f/2.8

Name:  here-we-go-0.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  437.0 KB
    @ 50mm - f/2.8 - 1/15th sec - ISO-1250 - Spot Meter - WB=Tungsten - M - Handheld

Name:  here-we-go-1.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  578.7 KB
    @ 50mm - f/2.8 - 1/15th sec - ISO-1250 - Spot Meter - WB=Tungsten - M - Handheld

Name:  here-we-go-2.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  574.6 KB

Name:  here-we-go-3.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  655.9 KB
    @ 28mm - f/2.8 - 1/15th sec - ISO-800 - Spot Meter - WB=Tungsten - M - Handheld

Last edited by DonSchap; 09-26-2009 at 08:42 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm overtime....

Thumbs up Water tight!

I have to add, these guys got 'er done in a couple hours, after being notified. Not too bad for the "orange" crowd.

Go SONY! LOL => Orange gets 'er done.

Name:  A850-tower.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  213.5 KB

flickr & Sdi