Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Question K-x colors: clever or corny?

Another one jumps in the Panasonic color pool. Boy, full-size SLRs look hideous in red, even worse than the mini-4:3* - but the navy blue isn't (quite) so bad. If Pentax had actually used a cartridge for their AAs instead of four loose batteries, that might have been enough to sway me a couple years ago... Naaah: they didn't do shadow boost, had no rotating info screen, and several other cool things that only Alphas could do back when I was shopping. If I were starting now, I'd still look only at in-body IS brands & I'd still be an Alpha shooter.

*And now even the 4:3 folks can shoot in 16:9!?! That's the one that makes me hit the floor and chuckle, after all their psychological dissertations a couple years back on the idel 4:3 ratio. Can you still buy TVs and computer monitors in that size?
    JimR - gear list changes daily
    http://picasaweb.google.com/alphaPDX

Colorware is just UGLY!

http://www.camera-pentax.jp/k-x/#
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by jimr-pdx View Post
    Another one jumps in the Panasonic color pool. Boy, full-size SLRs look hideous in red, even worse than the mini-4:3* - but the navy blue isn't (quite) so bad. If Pentax had actually used a cartridge for their AAs instead of four loose batteries, that might have been enough to sway me a couple years ago... Naaah: they didn't do shadow boost, had no rotating info screen, and several other cool things that only Alphas could do back when I was shopping. If I were starting now, I'd still look only at in-body IS brands & I'd still be an Alpha shooter.

*And now even the 4:3 folks can shoot in 16:9!?! That's the one that makes me hit the floor and chuckle, after all their psychological dissertations a couple years back on the idel 4:3 ratio. Can you still buy TVs and computer monitors in that size?
    Any color other than black or brushed metal is too much for me (although, I must admit that I kind of like the copper brown Sony A330). Pentax is the biggest offender in making garish camera colors. I mean check this out:

Canon 5D Mark II (Canon 35mm/1.4L | Canon 24-70 f/2.8L | Canon 135mm/2L | 430EX II | Gitzo G1125 + 494RC2)

flickr

I bought a new camera. It's very advanced - you don't even need it. ~Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by GoneTomorrow View Post
    Any color other than black or brushed metal is too much for me (although, I must admit that I kind of like the copper brown Sony A330). Pentax is the biggest offender in making garish camera colors. I mean check this out:

lol, where does the fabric stop and the camera begin?
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II