Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Marketshare ... you have to love it

Here's a big surprise ... NOT!

Marketshare

You have to love it ... add six new models and AWAY we go!
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

You really need to look at the source inf at http://www.photoscala.de/Artikel/DSLR-Welt-im-Wandel
    What's interesting is that, in the last two years, Nikon have almost caught Canon while Sony have doubled (up 7%) their market share in the two years mostly at the expense of CaNikon whose overall share has dropped by 5%. Only loser is Canon at -9%

2006-2008. these figures have been published numerous times.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

It is old news.
    Sony was at 8.9% at the end of last year for DSLR in Japan alone.
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

You are right, there should be a better measurement of all this ... not some stinking third party magazine, but a public record earnings and marketshare report.

I want to see a public flogging for all this ... because Canon really ticked me off, several years ago.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

there's nothing wrong with the source, its just that the news itself is old and it has been posted before.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    You are right, there should be a better measurement of all this ... not some stinking third party magazine, but a public record earnings and marketshare report.

I want to see a public flogging for all this ... because Canon really ticked me off, several years ago.
    Since I'm new to the forum, I'm curious: What did Canon do to tick you off?

they didn't put in-body IS into their bodies.
    what a tragedy. lol
    flickr

Guess we shall see, eh? It's all about marketshare ... and dedication to principle.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post

lol Don you sure have an axe to grind don't you!
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II