Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    "I believe Don should purchase the SONY AF 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM lens to replace his Tokina AT-X 840 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 and TAMRON SP AF 200-500mm f/5-6.3 Di LD lens for the follow reason: so he can mail the two crappy lenses to cdifoto so that cdifoto can eBay them and hopefully get enough return to treat himself to McDonald's."
    Ouch.

I believe Don should purchase the SONY AF 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM lens to replace his Tokina AT-X 840 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 and TAMRON SP AF 200-500mm f/5-6.3 Di LD lens for the follow reason: because change is always good. Plus, You will be spending money on a new lens, thus strengthening our economy (unless you order it from an overseas store). Then I would be able to possibly snap some shots of the local Bald Eagle without invading the eagles "personal space". Then, of course, I could post some shots on here.
    My Flickr

Sony Alpha a100
    Sony 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3
    Minolta 50mm f/1.7
    Sigma 28-90mm Macro
    Lowepro Fastpack 250
    Sigma EF-530 DG ST Flash

Quote Originally Posted by bigw00dy View Post
    I believe Don should purchase the SONY AF 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G SSM lens to replace his Tokina AT-X 840 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 and TAMRON SP AF 200-500mm f/5-6.3 Di LD lens for the follow reason: because change is always good. Plus, You will be spending money on a new lens, thus strengthening our economy (unless you order it from an overseas store). Then I would be able to possibly snap some shots of the local Bald Eagle without invading the eagles "personal space". Then, of course, I could post some shots on here.
    You know Sony is a Japanese company right?

These high end lenses, they all come from Japan.....
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

I think Don would probably be paying a sales tax of some sort.
    Last edited by bigw00dy; 09-30-2009 at 11:44 AM.
    My Flickr

Sony Alpha a100
    Sony 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3
    Minolta 50mm f/1.7
    Sigma 28-90mm Macro
    Lowepro Fastpack 250
    Sigma EF-530 DG ST Flash

Red face Priorities ... oh yeah, those!

Quote Originally Posted by dr4gon View Post
    Guess that makes me weird then. I walk around with my macro all the time. 100mm prime lens / macro. Or 50mm prime and macro. But most of my walk around trips entail mostly macro shooting.

But still, do you really need both? To rooz's point, lets see some macros from both! (I honestly don't recall any macros from either of the two lenses).
    These few weeks have been some of the most heartbreaking and busy ones of my life. I try to fit this board in when I can ... but, it gets a little rough. Planning MACRO shots ... isn't in the upper twenty items this week. Sorry, life is cruel.

Moving on ... I'm off to the paint store.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Must be the longest paint job ever...lol!
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Take a macro of the paint on the wall, anything that's going on can be macrolized!
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Lightbulb Start a MACRO inquiry ...

Ryan, you just want to see what the lens can do? Start a new thread ... the contest seems ... well, a little off topic. Maybe it is just me ...

It is amazing the ground we cover in these threads, isn't it? Hard to keep all these sidelines in order, when you go to review an issue of some nature. Perhaps an "indexing" program would be useful. instead of just SEARCH mode. In that way the confusing, non-descript terms wouldn't be missed ... and if you didn't know the correct word for some thing in particular ... you could browse the index for "similar" terms.

Hmmm ... there's a project for an interested party.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 09-30-2009 at 02:08 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Yes, this thread has probably absorbed several other possible threads - anything for a free lens! It's been fun, though occasionally a bit rough, going through the pros and cons of shopping -- feels mighty familiar but with more voices than just the ones I keep inside (most of the time )
    JimR - gear list changes daily
    http://picasaweb.google.com/alphaPDX

Question Where are the participants???

Man, I am devastated that there has not been more participation for this lens. Yeah, I know a lot fo folks have one, already, but all those newbies that have only a "kit" lens in their bag ...

c'mon you guys ... even if it is a short appeal to reason and rationale ... do a little research and have fun with this.

flickr & Sdi