Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Sony software requests

Does anyone know which channel(s) to go through to put in requests for Sony camera software? For example, I'd like to let Sony know I'd like them to release a Linux version of their imaging softare (Image Data Converter and Image Data Lightbox). It would make my life a whole lot easier. Anyone know?
    Thanks,
    Juan

flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

dr4gon,

I've used both packages. While they work ok most of the time, they are not great. Besides, nobody will know how to work with Sony's RAW files better than Sony. So, for WB, Exposure, etc. I'd rather use their tools. It *shouldn't* be a big port job to go from the OS X to Linux.

Juan

Have you tried it with wine ? With some luck you can just run the windows app in linux .

Retired: Fuji A205S
    Current: Fuji F6500FD

My album -> http://wutske.deviantart.com/
    My blog -> http://my.opera.com/wutske

Quote Originally Posted by wutske View Post
    Have you tried it with wine ? With some luck you can just run the windows app in linux .
    Yes. That is how I use it now. It works *most* of the time. But it is slower (duh) and it locks up when dealing with large sets of RAW files.
    I've been using Linux for over nine years now as my primary desktop. I just want to let Sony know that there's at leaset ONE person that would appreciate a Linux native version of their applications. I'm sure there are others out there...