Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

OT - Flush mount albums

Hi all,
    I am getting married soon & want to create my own flush mount album using my pro photogs prints (I want a really specific layout incl. text elements, and I think I am proficient enough in PS and InDesign to make it myself since my photog doesn't do that). I know that most companies (if not all) that do good quality flushmount albums only sell directly to pro photogs. Assuming that I can find a pro photog (hopefully my own) that is willing to submit it on my behalf, I wanted to have a sense of how much the printing for this really is.

I know there are pro photogs on here, so I was hoping you could share how much a flush mount album is--probably 10 x 10 with 20 spreads, but any example pricing would be helpful. I know photogs generally hold this info close to the chest, so if you'd rather PM me than post it on here, that's fine--I just really need to know so that I can budget for it.

Alternatively if anyone knows of companies that do sell directly to consumers and make good quality flushmounts that will be really helpful.

Thanks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Still new to this whole "photography" thing....but lovin' it!

Digital Rebel XTi w/ Kit Lens (18-55); Canon 50/1.8; Canon 70-300IS

My new flikr page

I was looking for the same thing a while ago.... Many companies only deal with registered (pro) photographers.
    However... you'd be surprised what you can find on ebay, and yes there are lots of quality products. Just go for a seller with good rating. Should you need any more lead just yell out.
    Last edited by tim11; 01-11-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

Quote Originally Posted by tim11 View Post
    I was looking for the same thing a while ago.... Many companies only deal with registered (pro) photographers.
    However... you'd be surprised what you can find on ebay, and yes there are lots of quality products. Just go for a seller with good rating. Should you need any more lead just yell out.
    hmmm....just checked. All I can find is "self-mount" albums. I would not even pretend to start to look like I might now how to do that myself. I'm pretty good with design, but this seems like it requires actual hand-eye coordination. More power to you if you were able to do it yourself! Love to see the finished product.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My new flikr page

Check your PM. Tell me if that's not what you are looking for?
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

@ Tim - That's not exactly what I'm looking for. I can't imagine my attempt to put that together going well AT ALL. LOL. I have no problems admitting that!

I'm looking more to find out what it costs to make an album through Asuka, or Zookbinders, or Kiss or something. And I'm hoping that either my photog or another pro photog will order the album for me once I put together the layouts (my wedding hasn't even happened yet, mind you)--I'd be willing to pay a reasonable service charge or whatever, especially if they require additional formatting to be sent to the printer.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My new flikr page

Oh... I misunderstood you.
    Hope it's going well for you. Unless you can find a friendly photog, it's still not going to be cheap. You'd expect they give you a lot of discount for designing the pages yourself but that wasn't the case with the places I contacted.
    Nikon D90, D80