Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i dont have movie mode don.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Keeping priorities straight ... a classic approach in this millennium

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    i dont have movie mode don.
    So, you should be right at home with SONY adoption of ... more of the same. LOL

I do have a STILL mode on my HDD Camcorder. I don't use it, either. I have this thing about mutual exclusivity.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 08-31-2009 at 09:31 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    So, you should be right at home with SONY adoption of ... more of the same. LOL

I do have a STILL mode on my HDD Camcorder. I don't use it, either. I have this thing about mutual exclusivity.
    Don, it's only a matter of time before movie modes get in to Sony bodies. I mean, it really is right up their alley, isn't it?

I'm happy enough that Olympus dSLRs don't have movie modes, but with the release of the EP-1 it's pretty well guaranteed the next refresh of bodies will have it.
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

Sorry, 'Rooz' ... if SONY can dodge another "get with the program" ... "oh, we're such fanboys to peer pressure" ... and " other cliquish nonsense" as in adding DSLR video ... and still make a ton of cash on their release ... who's kidding who?

This horse is not going to change its spots ... Ryan. I guess its time for you to just sell the SONY and leap off this train.

Attachment 48636

It's not going to the station you want, this time around.
    hmmm perhaps I will jump off (look at the 7D).

This forum needs stikethrough!
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

The Canon 7D needed to be released back at PMA 09 ... not 6 months later. Then it really would have had some impact. I really do not understand these Fall/End of Summer releases at all. Almost as if they we all trying to hide something ... I mean, there is no Photokina, this year. What's the point?

Too much of a hobbyist, I guess. Just out of step with mediocrity.

I might just have the α850, tomorrow! That could be cool!

'jekostas' ... I would suggest that SONY stands to make a lot more money keeping the technology separate, than they would merging the two. I have no idea about the business strategy for this ... but on a personal one, I don't feel filling my expensive or limited media with movie footage offers me a clear plan in my shooting schedule. The 32 GB CF cards are still around $120 a pop. Having a completely separate video camera with 160 GB HD ... for a mere $350 seems more in line with a real budget.

Again, it is all in what you want or need. Personally ... I just do not have the need ... in my DSLR.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 08-31-2009 at 09:55 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

The Canon 7D needed to be released back at PMA 09 ... not 6 months later. Then it really would have had some impact. I really do not understand these Fall/End of Summer releases at all. Almost as if they we all trying to hide something ... I mean, there is no Photokina, this year. What's the point?
    They can't be pumping out xxD, 10D, 20D, 30D,40D ..... 60Ds.... every 6 months for obvious reasons....

It's a yearly event for them.

Besides the A700 was released about this time two years ago.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Cool End of Summer, 2007

Yeah ... same time the Canon 40D was introduced ... and Nikon pre-announced the D300 (for Nov.) Yeah, the same month I sold my Canon 20D ... and the associated glass. It was a good day ...

The A900 was announced at Photokina 08 ... and that actually made some sense.

Here's an "oldie, but a goodie" post
    Last edited by DonSchap; 08-31-2009 at 10:21 PM.

flickr & Sdi

Since don is not inloved in the movie/advertisement world like some of us...

Here is why video is a big seller right now..

The big selling video is the red system..18,000 for the video camera plus lenses.. http://www.red.com/cameras/ basically 40 g by the time your done

Since canon and others came out with video capa.....this has been a great alternative to the red cameras....#1..it doesn't cost 40g...and you can use existing lenses...if sony came out with a a900av..they would sell..just the capability to use the zeiss glass would sell it

now where is my a900av damn it!!!!!!
    Last edited by SONYNUT; 08-31-2009 at 11:05 PM.

or they can pull their head out of their ass and make a video camera with ma mount..either will do..lol

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing ... use the already designed lenses on a whole new camcorder. Why bother trying to fit it into a DSLR and futzing with MODE change? What am I missing? LOL K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple, stupid!)

flickr & Sdi