Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Best image from your SONY DSLR

I know we have the SONY POTD (Picture of the Day) going ... and that is a great spot to post your random "good image" for any particular day, but this thread I hope will address what you consider is your "best image", so far.

Now, I know this is kind of "putting it out there, a little" so to speak , but hey ... you can always post another image later on, which you feel is better than the last one you submitted. The idea is to PUSH yourself and see what shows up at the "finished" line.

I believe that modesty is not really a part of being on this board. Take a walk on the wild side, believe in your work and you are invited to post it. We all learn from one another and, to me, it feels like a constant climb toward improvement.

Will we ever rival the photographic trendsetters and Gods of portraiture? Perhaps not, but what is the harm in trying? You could be just one click away from ...

the most important shot of your life!

Hey ... I have an idea ... go through your files ... pick the stellar image you have produced ... and let's see it!
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

One of my first shots with my a900...to see it on a 52"hd tv you would think it was jaws..lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for sharing, SONYNUT ... and it is not a "yawner"!
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

It's just too bad pics can't be shown in full raw...;-(
    Last edited by SONYNUT; 08-26-2009 at 11:05 PM.

Cool My #1 shot ...

Well ... when it comes to "favorites" vs "best", overall technical skill has to be considered at the top of the shot, so ... this one!

Name:  _DSC3447-adj.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  748.9 KB
    α700 v. 03 w/ SONY CZ 135mm f/1.8 lens
    @ f/8 - 1/15 sec - ISO-400 - Manual - Spot Focus - WB: Daylight

flickr & Sdi

Either that or the F-22 are my 2 faves from you
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Thumbs up Problem solving ...

The F-22 is a good image ... but it is really a panoramic composite of two images ... and therefore ... not one shot. Still, it is amazing looking, to be sure. I guess that is exactly why I posted it ... because of the way it turned out. I found a solution to the problem of two separate shots ... and got it to work.

flickr & Sdi

Fire Grass

This is one of my more recent favorites.
    Name:  DSC04126AW.jpg
Views: 1210
Size:  140.3 KB
    A900 w/ Tamron 70-200mm @ 200mm, f/9, 1/250, ISO 320

Partially a right time, right moment. As I was driving home from work, I could tell there was going to be a dramatic sunset. I stopped at the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals building which has a good unobstructed view towards the west. The original plan was to take some stock sunset photos. Then I noticed the grasses and inspiration struck. Voila.
    Darin Wessel
    α 900
    Zooms: Tamron SP AF70-200mm f2.8 Di LD Macro; Sigma 28-90mm D macro, Konica-Minolta 18-70 f3.5-5.6
    Primes: Minolta 28mm f2.8; Sony 50mm f1.4
    Minolta RC-1000 remote commander

Film:
    Calumet Cambo CC400 4x5 View Camera
    YashikaMat 6x6 TLR (other accessories)
    Minolta Maxxum 7000 w/ Minolta 35-80mm f/4-5.6 & Minolta 2800 flash
    Minolta Maxxum 5000i & Vivitar 728 AFM flash
    What's next???

It does look a little like the ridge of an echidna's back. Nice sharpness and bokeh.
    Last edited by Bup; 08-31-2009 at 04:01 AM.

A recent goodie

My mate sitting down on the beach in Waiheke Island, NZ

Sony A200, 18-70mm Kit lens @ 18mm, f/14, 1/50, ISO 100, Aperture priority
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -------------
    Sony Alpha 200
    Minolta AF 50mm f1.7
    Tokina AF 28-70mm f2.6-2.8
    Sony DT 18-70mm f3.5-5.6
    Minolta AF 70-210mm f4