Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face The "GRAB & GO" ... Gone!

Well, I am freed from the bonds of the past.

Over the weekend, I unexpectedly sold the α100, the Dicain VG-1 vertical grip, a SanDisk Extreme IV 8 GB CF card, the HVL-F36AM electronic flash, the orange SONY case

and the incredible AF 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD lens.

Indeed, one formidable set up. Its owner got a good deal and a great starter kit, in my opinion. The best part ... yeah, they don't have to suffer with the silly "kit lens!" LOL

What now? No backup camera!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 08-25-2009 at 01:15 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

a900......;-)

good riddance to all of it...especially the atrocious orange case. now really get serious and sell the rest of your crap and you're really be making progress. less is more Don.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Got to hand it to ya, 'Rooz' ... as delicate as usual. Do you kiss your mother with that hammer?

Quit picking on my big box o' toys!
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

lol sorry, i forgot...americans have an aversion to directness. you gotta sugar coat everything and pussyfoot around. if i lived there i'm sure i'd either be sued or shot. lol
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

lol why does everyone "accidentally" sell their gear?
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

My a300 sale was purely accidental. I posted it for $550 and went to bed. Woke up and someone wanted to meet up. Didn't even haggle.
    I didn't even plan on getting another body or system until after I got the cash in hand!
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Red face About as weird as it gets ...

My story is far more unbelievable ...

Ok ... on Saturday morning, I'm heading to the Northwoods, from Chicago ... traveling Northbound up Interstate 39. Started out in the morning, with no real time in mind. I decide to call my brother, because he lives up in Wisconsin, just see what he is up to.

He tells me he is on the road, delivering his college-aged daughter's television and they are Westbound from their home, on Wisconsin 82 & 23. His trip is Green dot to green dot. Mine is Blue to Blue. We met at the RED dot.

"Hey, wave, were near on top of you." I laugh, as we were literally no more than five minutes apart, at that point. You have to appreciate the distances involved in this accidental meeting. I swear, some things are written in the stars for our fascination and amusement.

Name:  Bro-Meet-8-22.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  399.1 KB

Of course, we immediately pull off and, honest to jake, I'm showing him my new Minolta AF 200mm f/2.8 APO G HS acquisition and he asks if I still have the A100 that he used at the EAA AirVenture show, last year.

Name:  SONY-Bro.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  388.5 KB

I pull it out of the truck ... zim zam ... SOLD! I toss in the 18-250mm, the grab & go case, manuals and the '36 flash.

My wife and his wife are eying us suspiciously, like this had to have been "planned." The timing just was too weird, because we had stopped in Portage, Wisconsin, just a few miles earlier, for ice cream ... like I said, no scheduled arrival time to worry about. I didn't even know he was anywhere but home.

So ... yeah, "accidentally sold" to a degree I cannot even try to imagine.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 08-25-2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Add image of Bro and SONY A100 (from 2008 EAA)

flickr & Sdi

you carry the manual around with you?
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Lightbulb Ready reference

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha82 View Post
    you carry the manual around with you?
    Sure ... I have all the manuals in my smaller backpack, just in case. There are times, where some procedure is not clear ... and you certainly cannot ask some "wing nut" Canon/Nikon-jockey about SONY procedures. That's just part of the game, my friend. In fact, this sale was only possible because I could support the camera, at the time of sale.

I rarely have a need, but I'm not going to lose a shot just because of some paper resource. Considering how much gear I haul around ... cripes, the manuals are the least of the problem. LOL

flickr & Sdi