Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Minolta HS G APO - cool or not?

I thought we may as well have a new thread for Minolta HS lenses.

Back from service, here they are. The 200mm looks positively petite in this company.

Attachment 48238

I didn't get a chance to try them out as it's blowing hard and the rain came just as I was trying for a few testers.
    Bit I did get these two.

Attachment 48239
    Attachment 48240

Cropped from this

Attachment 48241

Nice collection.

That is a difficult background for bokeh!
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

I'll let you know ... when the little punch puppy shows up, next week.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

SOBs....now i'm gonna have to go out and spend more money!
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Thumbs up Movin' on up, part II

The forum is a on a glass roll ... yes, progress!
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Just step closer to the flower

Question Just a peek?

I wonder where Peter go off to? He gets a couple of new lenses for his rig and ... "poof", he's gone on safari!

flickr & Sdi

dang it..this thread just reminded me that i was going to take some shots of the massive water pouring off my roof..right before my printer died..and i got waaaay sidetracked

Question Comparing notes?

Hey, Peter ... how's your AF 200mm f/2.8 APO G HS working out for you? Mine has turned out to be pretty darn quick and delivering uniquely tested images.

flickr & Sdi

Hi Guys, I'm back from holiday in the Black Forest (not Safari Don, I wish) and a great time had by all.
    I wasn't allowed a laptop or Tripod so a lot of holiday snaps and not many images. Still, that's fair enough on a Family Holiday, no-one wants to be held up by the guy with a big bag of gear and tripod; even wandering along with just a camera I'm always lagging behind; only got lost once though.

Anyway I shot this Church Steeple whilst having drinks on a Riverfront Bar in Boppard on the Rhine in Germany. No-one can be inconvenienced when they've got their feet up and a German Beer in front of them, right!

Camera: Sony DSLR-A700
    Lens: Minolta 200mm HS APO G
    Exposure: 1/320th at f8
    ISO Speed: 200
    Attachment 48707

100% Crop .......
    Attachment 48708

At the bottom of the shot you'll notice some very OOF flowers hanging on the balcony rail, I refocussed and ...

Lens: Minolta 200mm HS APO G
    Exposure: 1/3200th at f2.8
    ISO Speed: 200
    Attachment 48709

100% Crops .......
    Attachment 48710

Attachment 48711