Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 142
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    God's Country - Australia
    Posts
    10,424
    Quote Originally Posted by jekostas View Post
    I don't even know where to start with this...
    neither do i. ive never come across anyone so pretentious, hypocritical or full of shit in my life.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Des Plaines, IL
    Posts
    9,560

    Red face All things being ... equal

    You now have a new goal in life, 'Rooz" ... man, you can thank me later for the challenge. Wow ... I feel incredibly special.

    I guess "Welcome to my world" wasn't clear enough as it crossed the Equator ------

    Name:  Equator.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  317.5 KB

    and I apologize for that.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 08-05-2009 at 08:43 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

    flickr & Sdi

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    God's Country - Australia
    Posts
    10,424
    what challenge ? it obviously comes naturally for you.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Des Plaines, IL
    Posts
    9,560
    Meanwhile ... I did not think this discussion would end like this (Well, yeah I did ... I have to remember all the "possible" participants. )

    I still invite discussion of the future of DSLR photography. Have we seen the end of high-end APS-C sensors? You can only fit so much into a 10-pound bag ... then reality settles in .. and it winds up all over your floor.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

    flickr & Sdi

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Meanwhile ... I did not think this discussion would end like this (Well, yeah I did ... I have to remember all the "possible" participants. )

    I still invite discussion of the future of DSLR photography. Have we seen the end of high-end APS-C sensors? You can only fit so much into a 10-pound bag ... then reality settles in .. and it's all over your floor.
    You've yet to make a reasonable argument, Don, or respond to mine, so... not much of a discussion, is it?
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    God's Country - Australia
    Posts
    10,424
    note that the context of your above post is totally different to your OP. perhaps if you started that way we wouldnt have reached the point we did.

    to answer your question, now that the ridiculous context of what a "serious photographer" would shoot has been removed, no i dont think it will be the end. why would it be ? olympus has shown pure genius in the m4/3 format and that will be a HUGE winner i tell you.

    as for this...

    IMO, SONY appears to be "holding the line" on the SLR tradition and not giving into gimmickry.
    apart from the laughable premise of the fact that sony, (the gadget/gimick king), would be holding true to some time honoured tradition...we have been thru this before and you will be proven wrong, (again). sony WILL have video in their dslrs. it is not a question of IF, its a question of WHEN.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    IMO, SONY appears to be "holding the line" on the SLR tradition and not giving into gimmickry.
    So, I heard Sony has this TOTALLY AWESOME Live View thingy.

    In all seriousness, Don, Sony cannot compete with any other major manufacturer in terms of glass from a price/quality standpoint. You said it yourself in your signature:

    "Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera, that gives you the most improvement in your photography"

    I mean, it took Sony what, 3 1/2 years to replace the embarrasingly bad DT 18-70 F3.5-5.6? And they still have the gall to ship the equally bad DT 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 with the A700, when the other manufacturers with bodies in that range (Canon 50d, Nikon D90, Olympus E-30) ship substantially higher quality glass for the same price?

    Yet they're "traditionalists". Oooookay
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Guelph, Ontario
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by jekostas View Post
    So, I heard Sony has this TOTALLY AWESOME Live View thingy.

    In all seriousness, Don, Sony cannot compete with any other major manufacturer in terms of glass from a price/quality standpoint. You said it yourself in your signature:

    "Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera, that gives you the most improvement in your photography"

    I mean, it took Sony what, 3 1/2 years to replace the embarrasingly bad DT 18-70 F3.5-5.6? And they still have the gall to ship the equally bad DT 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 with the A700, when the other manufacturers with bodies in that range (Canon 50d, Nikon D90, Olympus E-30) ship substantially higher quality glass for the same price?

    Yet they're "traditionalists". Oooookay

    I hope you are just referring to the kit-lenses and not the other A-Mount lenses.
    Canon EOS 7D

    flickr
    FLUIDR

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisha82 View Post
    I hope you are just referring to the kit-lenses and not the other A-Mount lenses.
    Please read what I wrote

    "Cannot compete with any other manufacturer from a price/quality standpoint"

    People who shoot Sony dSLRs are the ONLY group of dSLR shooters that I don't know a single person that shoots even the majority of first-party lenses.

    And no, I didn't say Alpha-mount lenses, I said Sony lenses. Sony's been making SLRs long enough that you shouldn't need to still have to dig up Minolta-badged lenses to make up your kit.
    Last edited by jekostas; 08-05-2009 at 09:17 PM.
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Guelph, Ontario
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by jekostas View Post
    Please read what I wrote

    "Cannot compete with any other manufacturer from a price/quality standpoint"

    People who shoot Sony dSLRs are the ONLY group of dSLR shooters that I don't know a single person that shoots even the majority of first-party lenses.

    And no, I didn't say Alpha-mount lenses, I said Sony lenses. Sony's been making SLRs long enough that you shouldn't need to still have to dig up Minolta-badged lenses to make up your kit.
    Then you're obviously clueless. Sony may not have as many lenses as Canon or Nikon but they have only started manufacturing DSLRs since 2006.
    apart from the kit-lenses, all the rest are quality lenses.
    such as the 16-35, 24-70, 70-200, 70-300, 70-400, 35, 85, and 135mm are all top notch.
    the only reason most of us opt for Minolta glass is because there are about 16 million Minolta AF lenses out there and they used to be cheap until Sony started pumping out bodies!
    Canon EOS 7D

    flickr
    FLUIDR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •