Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Personally I don't get the hang up with Video. You can get better video from a VidCam smaller than a mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Peekayoh View Post
    Personally I don't get the hang up with Video. You can get better video from a VidCam smaller than a mobile phone.
    no, as a matter of fact, you can't.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Still don't get it.

its not for everyone, i can understand that.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    do you think its significant ? hmm i dunno. its been a poor seller from the get-go so they are just trying to dump as many of em as they possibly can real cheap. even the a700 was discounted pretty heavily once it started to get hammered by all the newer models.

its a bit like the d5000, poor seller so they are already discounting it very early in its product cycle. the 40d and 50d copped the same treatment.

bottom line, who knows what sony's up to. they may flood the market as suggested or it may all be a mixup and there are only a few models. i think its the latter to be honest.

uf there is indeed a refresh of sony's top of the line bodies its to catch up with video quickly. if they don't they will not sell.
    Hmmm, I thought the D5000 did ok. I think I always saw the t1i as having the upper hand. In person though, I kinda like the D5000. It was on the top of the charts (albeit under the Canon T1is and XSi) but seemed to have fallen after the recall in which the photography websites made it seem like at least a ton of models were affected.

no, as a matter of fact, you can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peekayoh View Post
    Still don't get it.
    DOF, DOF, DOF!

its not for everyone, i can understand that.
    You aren't going to be shooting home movies with it (in it's current state especially) that's for sure!
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by dr4gon View Post
    Hmmm, I thought the D5000 did ok.
    i think its the worst selling nikon ever made. its actually a crazy good camera, i've used one for a bit. best apsc sensor/ processor on the market, good size, nice screen, takes great shots. but its overpriced and its just too close to the d90 in price.

DOF, DOF, DOF!
    + low light
    + capacity to use stunning glass.

You aren't going to be shooting home movies with it (in it's current state especially) that's for sure!
    yepp, thats for sure. its purely a creative tool and certainly not for the faint hearted at the moment. but that wont be for long. within 12-18 months it will be pretty standard, easy to use and alot of people, (especially photographers), will kiss their video cam goodbye. all they really have to get right is the AF and rolling exposure.

i for one cant wait to get rid of my video cam that needs goddam floodlights to produce anything of good quality. (its a 1 year old top end sony HD cam btw).
    flickr

i'm looking forward to video. one less thing to carry around. but hopefully it it be fill AF with DMF capability.

also does video on the current DSLRs use the same MFD of lenses or can they get closer than the rated MFD in video mode?
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha82 View Post
    i'm looking forward to video. one less thing to carry around. but hopefully it it be fill AF with DMF capability.

also does video on the current DSLRs use the same MFD of lenses or can they get closer than the rated MFD in video mode?
    Focus distance should be the same as the sensor is not moving anywhere.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

You know ... the focusing system takes place with the shutter closed ... and video does not allow for much of that. A separate focusing system will probably be required for AF.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    You know ... the focusing system takes place with the shutter closed ... and video does not allow for much of that. A separate focusing system will probably be required for AF.
    Focusing takes place with the shutter open in LV which is the mode the camera is in during video capture. This is a different focusing method than otherwise used and is not as fast, yet.
    Ray.