Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    I think this covered that ... Jekostas. Please read ... and heed ... this time
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisha82 View Post
    what has that got to do with what i said?

btw i saw your rude comment before you edited it at the top post of this page so i don't think you should be the one touting righteousness!

i'm not defending anyone here but do you guys really have to get carried away like this and be uncivil to each other?
    You asked. I treated Don with the exact same respect he treated me with.
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha82 View Post
    jebus guys, can't we all be friends?
    Yeah we can, but that should include the one who started slinging thinly veiled insults. Read Don's posts, he is being patronizing, insulting, arrogant, and snobbish.

There is no great mystery to shooting in M mode. AV, TV, and even P have their places, and to suggest superiority(which he has insinuated)because he shoots some decent and many poor shots in Manual mode is hubris.
    A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
    Ansel Adams

Rule books are paper, they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
    Ernest K. Gann-Fate is the Hunter.

Cool Go SONY or go on with ya

Look, can I interest you in a one of our fine SONY DSLRs, 'jekostas'? I can tell you have an interest in this exchange, since the thread originally dealt with a problem I was having with my electrical contacts and various lenses.

Some things are not readily apparent ... and my habitual use of MANUAL Mode only was relevant in that it did not clearly reveal the problem. My future plans actually still include my continued use of MANUAL Mode ... despite this electrical problem. Handed an A900 ... its M-position on the MODE knob would continue to be my, I repeat, MY selection of choice (I do have a long history of this choice, despite the ambitions of others).

So, respectfully, I request you play your "word games" in another forum, unless you truly have a contribution that is something more than the berating of my work or abusing the good intentions of the members of this forum. There actually was a point to this thread, when I first posted it ... and I am confused to why you insist on this personal onslaught.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-30-2009 at 08:18 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

O.K. enough!!!!, I am calling a cyber beer summit! hey if it's good enough for the Prez. it's good enough for all of us. Now just got to work out the logistics.....Rooz do you mind drinking in the morning? On the date and time designated we all get on the forum say cheers and have a Damn drink and say no enough of all this, back to photography, tips techniques, gadgets and images. damn it I'm trying to learn something here LOL. Not trying to be glib guys, but opinions and techniques etc. lest discuss them, and defend our views with vigor, but civil..........beer me!
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

Question And your point is ...

Are you saying "stupidity" gets you a beer with the President?
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

LOL nope not going anywhere near that. I just hope I didn't act stupidly wasnt that it. The sarge is a far better man then I for showing up at the summit, but lets not go political and get a padlock on this.

OK, learning material. Here's what I do:
    M, always for flash. M for changing action, such as a basketball game, meter it, set it and shoot away.
    AV, Probably here 80% of the time. I shoot mostly landscapes, AV works perfectly for controlling DOF, SS be darned.
    TV, Action where my priority is to stop action. Adjust ISO as needed to get the fast SS I need.
    P, Point and shoot mode, with the twist of allowing program shift and EC.

Your mileage may vary, I am happy with my results. Try it you may like it. I am still at work, so a beer is out of the question.
    A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
    Ansel Adams

Rule books are paper, they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
    Ernest K. Gann-Fate is the Hunter.

lol funny stuff.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Good man CDI....water is better! IMO

did you understand anything don said sean ? lol
    i've read it 3 times and i still have no idea what he's talking about.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr