Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Canon 5D m1 Noise/Banding? Issue.

I know i posted about this before, but i can't find it anymore and can't remember the replys.

Hopefully someone knows something about this issue.

I included a pic of it, it happens in pretty much all my pictures, obviously the darker ones show it more, black backgrounds in b&w especially. It shows in prints easier then on a Monitor ofc. So i included a exagerated version and a zoom of it to see the problem easier.

Left is SOC/ right is exagerated, bottom is the difference in noise. The pic was shot in b&w on a white background at iso 100, ss 125/f9 i think. The settings don't matter it always shows up

Could it just be the sensor needing cleaning? Maybe the filter on it or something? I hope its nothing expensive im pretty broke after buying 2 elinchroms
    Hey! Look its a shiny link! Click it!
    CasePhoto.ca

Don't click this one, no seriously... Don't!
    The Mandatory Blog

I can't see the photo, can anyone else? I've got about 14,000 clicks on my 5D and I've never noticed any banding. I'd love to see the example.
    Michael B.
    Canon 5D2, 550D, Sony NEX 5N, Sigma 15mm fish, 24L mkI, 35L, 40mm f/2.8, 50 1.8 II, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 50mm f/2.8 macro, 60mm macro, 100mm f/2, 70-200 f/4, 200 f/2.8 mk I, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, 430EX. Growing list of MF lenses!

Here it is hosted at one of my larger sites.

I've also posted it on FredMiranda, and it seems to be radio interference from Cactus V4s...

Seems some of the old 5Ds are not very well shielded or something, leaves me at a sort of dead end on what to do though, im gonna try a couple things but might have to sell them and get different ones, my YungNuo remote works pretty well might give their triggers a try.

Im hoping just placing the transmitter a little further away could potentially reduce this problem, maybe placing a shield between the camera and the trigger...
    Hey! Look its a shiny link! Click it!
    CasePhoto.ca

Don't click this one, no seriously... Don't!
    The Mandatory Blog

I would have expected that it was something like this.

You might want to check here also, lots of knowledgeable folks...

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...splay.php?f=35
    Michael B.
    Canon 5D2, 550D, Sony NEX 5N, Sigma 15mm fish, 24L mkI, 35L, 40mm f/2.8, 50 1.8 II, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 50mm f/2.8 macro, 60mm macro, 100mm f/2, 70-200 f/4, 200 f/2.8 mk I, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, 430EX. Growing list of MF lenses!