Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thumbs down Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, IL

Okay, for those of you who haven't been to a SONY Style store for your DSLR, yet ... standby to be unimpressed. Here is Don's virtual trip, today ...

There are two Alphas trapped in this case (below) ... a discontinued A200 and a discontinued silver A300.

What??? That's it?

Yeah, wasn't that a panic? Just about five lenses better than a trip to Best Buy. I have to say, this is embarrassing. That's all the active SONY support in the whole area (Chicago), other than third party retailers ... and basically, their lackadaisical support isn't even worth complaining about. Just ask them!

Cripes, there was more to see at PMA! and they didn't even have anything new ... or for sale!

In fact, this issue was acknowledged and got so hot, that DYXUM (<- click here) actually locked the thread, one day after it started. I guess that kind of figures, because the truth hurts. "Photographic truth" hurts even more! They'd rather waste time discussing the 'off-color' of some darn filter or lens, than improve the overall impact of the "SONY Experience." Take a look, if you can ... and see for yourself. This problem may just be relative ... but, I expect this problem will eventually touch us all. Ignoring it solves nothing. Admitting it ... that is the road to recovery.

I still point to my signature ... where it has almost always said, "There's no money in this ... it's just "love of the game." I just want a better game.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-15-2009 at 04:27 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Finally ... serious competition. Let's see where that goes. Those D40 sales really changed the face of marketing, huh?
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

India is an emerging market for luxury items. Nikon obviously think a big push there will reap big dividends but still it's a bit risky, I think. Good luck to them!
    Doubt they will try the same in the mature markets of the west.

Thumbs down So it ends ... reduced ...

Well, as they roll up the brick & mortar ... in the "Obama Economy" ... China will decide how we sell our things from now on. America is pretty much finished, in that regard. The Japanese have planned it right ... we are a "kiosk society" ... even when it comes to health-care. One-size has to fit all. Unless you live in New York or LA.

flickr & Sdi