Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Good stuff guys. I use Shutter mode mostly as I like to shoot lots of outdoor sports, I play around with the settings and try and learn not so much what it does but to be able to remember what the image LOOKS like at different settings, Once in awhile I nail a sports action shot with shallow depth of field and all that nice blur! I want to be able to do it when I want to however, thats the problem, well that and getting good focus LOL.
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

Thumbs up AirVenture 2009 - Oshkosh, WI

Okay ... the First Weekend of August ... winds up the last two days of AirVenture 2009, in Oshkosh, WI.

This year should be a little different, due to the economy. Also, President Obama's shift away from the military air power will probably weigh heavily on the lack of military participation in the event, so I am not expecting anything cool, this year. They are having a C-5M Galaxy and C-17 Globemaster III drop in. So, you could park your RV in them.

Occasionally, they have a military surprise fly-by of a B-52H or B-1B. One year, even the B-2 snuck into the show.

One of the requests was to get some more crowd reaction ... and with the decent wide angles I now have, that may entirely doable. Turn the camera around on the crowd ...

Anyway ... anyone else going, this year? I cannot believe that there are all those people there ... and not a single other member of DCRP. Even from the Canon crowd. LOL (psst, Canon is a big sponsor)
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-29-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Unhappy Oshkosh ... COP (Change of Plan)

Oh man ... looks like "Mother Nature" is going to screw this one up. Temperature was looking great, this year ... problem is, the air will be filled with tempestuous rain and lightning. I'm not chancing my gear in such a prediction ... plus, it's a two hour drive to get my gear rained on! I think not. There is no cover to speak of, out there. Just one long landing field populated by around a thousand unprotected airplanes.

Prediction: Rain showers early with isolated thunderstorms developing later in the day. High 73F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%

Okay, Mom ... you win this round.

Name:  n_central_sat_440x297 weather map.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  98.1 KB

The red dot is Oshkosh, b'gosh!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-31-2009 at 04:43 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Thumbs down Great ... something new "critter" to worry about ...

Okay, Labor Day ...

And I find this waiting on the upstairs front porch ... one of 'Rooz's buddies ... the "funnel web!

Name:  Wisconsin-Funnel.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  530.1 KB

Then, just try to go swimming in the lake ...

Name:  Wave-Runnin.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  454.9 KB

Yeah, sure!

And then just how far your PWC can go, once you "get pitched!"
    Name:  Pitched-from-PWC_Panorama1.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  688.3 KB
    A850 w/ TAMRON 70-200mm f/2.8
    @ 200mm - f/9 - 1/250 sec - ISO-400 - CWA Metering - Daylight - M (2-image panorama)

No where is safe!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 09-08-2009 at 10:07 PM.

flickr & Sdi

I got these all over my lawn in the last week...spiders are everywhere..

Question What do you think ...?

The cover of "Water Dog Monthly?"

Name:  Water-Dog-Monthly.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  424.3 KB
    Last edited by DonSchap; 09-09-2009 at 11:03 AM.

flickr & Sdi

Funny lookin beaver

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Okay, Labor Day ...

And I find this waiting on the upstairs front porch ... one of 'Rooz's buddies ... the "funnel web!

Name:  Wisconsin-Funnel.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  530.1 KB
    hope you got rid of that. nasty little buggers.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr