Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Out of the Woods???

I haven't seen Don post in a while. Is he still out in the woods?

Frank
    Sony A77
    Sony A580
    Sony A 100
    Maxxum 400si.
    Sony 18-70 Kit Lens
    Minolta AF 35-70
    Minolta AF 50 f/1.7
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di LD
    Tamron 60mm Macro
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    Tamron 2x Converter
    Sony HVL-F42AM
    Quantaray 70-300 4.5-5.6 Macro
    Slingshot 200 Bag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22083244@N06/

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/sparkie1263/

Eaten by bears?

FORGOT THE BUG SPRAY?

Canoe capsized?

Maybe that eagle he's been eyeing swooped down? Or, ...

Maybe the local community has an anti-papparazzi ordinance.
    Darin Wessel
    α 900
    Zooms: Tamron SP AF70-200mm f2.8 Di LD Macro; Sigma 28-90mm D macro, Konica-Minolta 18-70 f3.5-5.6
    Primes: Minolta 28mm f2.8; Sony 50mm f1.4
    Minolta RC-1000 remote commander

Film:
    Calumet Cambo CC400 4x5 View Camera
    YashikaMat 6x6 TLR (other accessories)
    Minolta Maxxum 7000 w/ Minolta 35-80mm f/4-5.6 & Minolta 2800 flash
    Minolta Maxxum 5000i & Vivitar 728 AFM flash
    What's next???

Homeland security likely has him in custody, Bet he tried to set up his robotic pan and tild tripod and laptop controlled camera unit in the canoe and then float it to the eagles. the police and wildlife guys show up to see what this is all about and find Don his beard and bags and bags of electronic gear in the middle of nowhere. Has he called anyone for bail money yet?
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by seanhoxx View Post
    Homeland security likely has him in custody, Bet he tried to set up his robotic pan and tild tripod and laptop controlled camera unit in the canoe and then float it to the eagles. the police and wildlife guys show up to see what this is all about and find Don his beard and bags and bags of electronic gear in the middle of nowhere. Has he called anyone for bail money yet?
    He responded to an email of mine last week. He's still on vacation (read: business trip), not sure when he gets back.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

I know with closing up the lake house and getting it ready to sell etc. he will be tied up for awhile, away from home, and limited internet, last I talked with him he was thinking a few weeks, a break at home and maybe a couple of weeks again. Same stuff I am doing but only with a little more then a hour drive each way. Still no fun at all.
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

Thanks I was out of the loop for a week myself. So i guess he left while I was gone. Glad to know everything is alright.

Frank
    Sony A77
    Sony A580
    Sony A 100
    Maxxum 400si.
    Sony 18-70 Kit Lens
    Minolta AF 35-70
    Minolta AF 50 f/1.7
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 Di LD
    Tamron 60mm Macro
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
    Tamron 2x Converter
    Sony HVL-F42AM
    Quantaray 70-300 4.5-5.6 Macro
    Slingshot 200 Bag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22083244@N06/

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/sparkie1263/

Thumbs up Alive and well ...

Hi guys! No, I'm not quite back, yet. The eagle has been too far away to get any kind of postable shot. I have been reluctant to go canoeing by my lonesome, because that's just not a prudent thing to do. I mean, there's not even anyone at the house to watch my fool rearend fall in!

I tried to get the neighbor to pony up his float boat, but he's claiming his motor is unreliable, so that's rather useless. Nothing worse than getting stuck in the middle of a lake, with a useless motor ... that is, unless the boat sinks out from under you and you, forget to bring your water shoes.

Honestly, I haven't had a lot of time to snap images up here, anyway, between the rain and all the flippin' repair and paint work I have to do in between storms. You know the drill, I am sure.

Had some help over the weekend and made a nice dent in the gargage/boat house. Then the private bathroom, off one of the 5 bedrooms (the master bedroom) sprang a leak and water started finding a way down into one of the lower workshops.

Away ... fixed! and the party continues.

I may still consider staying up here for the Fourth. My brother is bach'in' for a few weeks and doesn't live too far away. Perhaps, I can still get to old bird brain, then.

Well see ... and thanks for askin'
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Red face He's back ...

Well ... I am done considering staying and presently am sitting at my HOME system, 5 1/2 hours after I left. It definitely feels more comfortable than struggling with the darn laptop at the local library. The coverage up there is terrible for AT&T.

I need take some to review the few images that I did take, on my main system, because storage is a lot faster ... and available.

Besides, the weather in northern Wisconsin is abominable, right now, and I just didn't feel like spending more time stuck, literally in the "rain" forest. Chicago is also experiencing a similar weather pattern. July 4th looks promising and I cannot believe we already right so quickly. It seems like only a few months ago that I started the 2008 Fireworks shots in the Gallery. Wow

The house was "shown" today, as I scrambled to clear out and let the reality agents do their thing. I am keeping my fingers crossed we can get this done. If you thought the primary housing market was in a slump ... the vacation home mortgages are just about non-existent, in this terrible housing market. People cannot get them. It's bizarre, because those houses are just as credit worthy.

Anyway ... time to relax my aching muscles and get back to snapping.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 07-01-2009 at 02:10 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Well ... I am done considering staying and presently am sitting at my HOME system, 5 1/2 hours after I left. It definitely feels more comfortable than struggling with the darn laptop at the local library. The coverage up there is terrible for AT&T.

I need take some to review the few images that I did take, on my main system, because storage is a lot faster ... and available.

Besides, the weather in northern Wisconsin is abominable, right now, and I just didn't feel like spending more time stuck, literally in the "rain" forest. Chicago is also experiencing a similar weather pattern. July 4th looks promising and I cannot believe we already right so quickly. It seems like only a few months ago that I started the 2008 Fireworks shots in the Gallery. Wow

The house was "shown" today, as I scrambled to clear out and let the reality agents do their thing. I am keeping my fingers crossed we can get this done. If you thought the primary housing market was in a slump ... the vacation home mortgages are just about non-existent, in this terrible housing market. People cannot get them. It's bizarre, because those houses are just as credit worthy.

Anyway ... time to relax my aching muscles and get back to snapping.
    I'm looking forward to fireworks too! Get to put the 70-200mm to work! lol... Last year I was using the Tamron 17-50 and the Tamron 90mm F/2.8 Macro for fireworks.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II