Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Hybrid View

SONY ALPHA HVL-F56AM for A300

Hi again

Seen the above flash on Ebay (Australia) for AU$400.

The other is a HVL-F42AM Flash for about the same price.

Both are brand new.

My question is...would the HVL-F56AM suitable for the camera that I have? When I mean suitable, meaning the right 'tool' to match my A300.

Since it's a step-up model from the HVL-F42AM (I assume it is), would this be better?

Waiting for my Tamron 17-50mm........ Can't wait to try it.

Not sure what my next lens should be......any advise?

Thank you.

AU$400 is too much for an obsolete flash. It will certainly work on your camera but the F42 is a better match and will integrate with the F58 if you take your flash photography further.

Quote Originally Posted by Peekayoh View Post
    AU$400 is too much for an obsolete flash. It will certainly work on your camera but the F42 is a better match and will integrate with the F58 if you take your flash photography further.
    Indeed, get the F42.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Yeah ... going forward ... it is the right call. '42!
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Thanks very much for your assistance.

One more thing, can anyone help me decide which lens I need to get next.

I like landscapes/portrait (17-50 tammy will prolly take of that). I just can't decide which one to get yet, being a noobie

Cool Lens choices ...

Did you read the first "sticky" post in the forum?

It addresses lens choices for new members. The options are numbered in order of preference.

Honestly, we are trying You just have to do your part and read the material offered.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 06-11-2009 at 04:35 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

If it's landscapes you want then a prime lens 24mm, 28mm or 36mm is a good choice.
    Plenty of inexpensive Minolta ones about.
    Learn about hyperfocal distance, composition and get a tripod if you don't already have one.

Yeah, I had read the sticky...in fact, had it printed for reference and re-read it over and over and over.....

Yes, got a Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod and a 484RC2 ball head. Will post some of the shots I made later and would like opinion on it. Not sure whether I am getting better at it or am I still a "point & shoot" photographer.

I know it will take some time but just like to see if I am heading into the right direction.