Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Don,

So on the large water fall, I take it the aligator is extra!!!! I couldn't believe it, but the Pasadena Humane Society actually had a 5' aligator they rescued. They were cleaning its enclosure when we adopted our dog. Quite amazing the hissing sound it made. And you think this smile has teeth , that ain't nothin.

On the camera, the prior owner sounds like my Grandfather who was a sheet metal contractor. Every tool he had was treated like gold. Well kept and each with it's own home. I inherited some of his tools and even though some of them are probably older than I am they're still in great shape.
    Darin Wessel
    α 900
    Zooms: Tamron SP AF70-200mm f2.8 Di LD Macro; Sigma 28-90mm D macro, Konica-Minolta 18-70 f3.5-5.6
    Primes: Minolta 28mm f2.8; Sony 50mm f1.4
    Minolta RC-1000 remote commander

Film:
    Calumet Cambo CC400 4x5 View Camera
    YashikaMat 6x6 TLR (other accessories)
    Minolta Maxxum 7000 w/ Minolta 35-80mm f/4-5.6 & Minolta 2800 flash
    Minolta Maxxum 5000i & Vivitar 728 AFM flash
    What's next???

In your Grandfather's day a workman's tools represented a very sizeable investment and were his most precious possession. Without tools he literally couldn't feed his family.
    Time's were hard then, unlike today's throw away society which, BTW, has to change.
    He'd probably have eaten that Croc, teeth and all!

Quote Originally Posted by Peekayoh View Post
    In your Grandfather's day a workman's tools represented a very sizeable investment and were his most precious possession. Without tools he literally couldn't feed his family.
    Time's were hard then, unlike today's throw away society which, BTW, has to change.
    He'd probably have eaten that Croc, teeth and all!
    Yeah, they also made tools to last back then. Now, unfortunately, it usually costs about the same to just buy a new whatever to replace that which has broken as compared to repairing what has broken. Sad.

I don't know if he was adventurous enough to eat the croc, but its head definately would have found its way mounted to the wall!!!
    Darin Wessel
    α 900
    Zooms: Tamron SP AF70-200mm f2.8 Di LD Macro; Sigma 28-90mm D macro, Konica-Minolta 18-70 f3.5-5.6
    Primes: Minolta 28mm f2.8; Sony 50mm f1.4
    Minolta RC-1000 remote commander

Film:
    Calumet Cambo CC400 4x5 View Camera
    YashikaMat 6x6 TLR (other accessories)
    Minolta Maxxum 7000 w/ Minolta 35-80mm f/4-5.6 & Minolta 2800 flash
    Minolta Maxxum 5000i & Vivitar 728 AFM flash
    What's next???