Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Guelph, Ontario
    Posts
    1,903
    you know Sony needs to release a v5 for the a700 and that will calm me down for a couple of months.
    and maybe a FW update for the rest of the current lineup as well.
    Canon EOS 7D

    flickr
    FLUIDR

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3
    Interesting times.

    Sony needs a model in between the 2-3 series and the 7-series. As of now the jump between the A380 and the A700 is pretty huge, going from a very basic mainstream entry model to a advanced enthusiast model.

    A500, A500, I wonder what the difference would be? Different sensors, and or one model with and one without LV and video recording?

    Personally I am waiting for the successor of the A700, though I'm not really looking to replace my camera just yet.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodent View Post
    Interesting times.

    Sony needs a model in between the 2-3 series and the 7-series. As of now the jump between the A380 and the A700 is pretty huge, going from a very basic mainstream entry model to a advanced enthusiast model.

    A500, A500, I wonder what the difference would be? Different sensors, and or one model with and one without LV and video recording?

    Personally I am waiting for the successor of the A700, though I'm not really looking to replace my camera just yet.
    Probably an A700 sensor, D90 or lesser type camera.

    Me too!
    flickr

    Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Monmouthshire, UK
    Posts
    2,152
    I think you know what I want.
    D8**, full frame, 12/15 MPx, 900 style viewfinder, no liveview .....

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Peekayoh View Post
    I think you know what I want.
    D8**, full frame, 12/15 MPx, 900 style viewfinder, no liveview .....
    Seems like that's what many want a lower MP FF with similar specs/better ISO performance.

    I would add to that for my personal wishlist: HD move mode (which would probably necessitate LV )
    flickr

    Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Guelph, Ontario
    Posts
    1,903
    lens microadjust!
    Canon EOS 7D

    flickr
    FLUIDR

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Monmouthshire, UK
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by dr4gon View Post
    Seems like that's what many want a lower MP FF with similar specs/better ISO performance.

    I would add to that for my personal wishlist: HD move mode (which would probably necessitate LV )
    The problem I have with LiveView (in terms of what I want in a FF camera) is that it compromises the Viewfinder.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Peekayoh View Post
    The problem I have with LiveView (in terms of what I want in a FF camera) is that it compromises the Viewfinder.
    Yeah I know, the A300 is tiny in comparison to an A700 or the mouth-wattering A900's VF, But I get by....

    Oddly enough the Canon 30D's viewfinder is 95% coverage, .9X magnification. The 40D/50D's VF is the same 95% coverage, but .95X magnification, so it actually got better! But I think it has to do with the secondary LV sensor taking up some light or something.
    flickr

    Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Posts
    788
    Compared to the Pentax I am playing with now or my old Minolta 5000, the 40D VF blows. It is way better than the A300 or the Rebel, but one would expect that for almost 3x sticker price.

    The LV - VF compromise is really a Sony thing. The Sonys with LV have a smaller VF because of the way that AF is implemented for LV. Sony puts a second, smaller image sensor up in the prism casing. It is an innovative solution.
    Jason Hamilton
    Selective Frame

    EOS 5D - Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 35 f/2, EF 50mm f/1.8 Mk II, EF 70-210 f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro, Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 (with EOS adapter), 430EX, Canon S90
    Nikon FE - Nikkor 35mm f/2 AI'd, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AI, Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 AI, F to EF adapter, 2xVivitar 285, other lighting stuff
    Mamiya C220 - 80mm f/2.8

    Gear List flickr

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Monmouthshire, UK
    Posts
    2,152
    The additional sensor in the viewfinder assembly has the advantage of allowing normal operation of the AF system, however it reduces the size of the view finder and the focus screen markings are displayed which more or less rule out live video. As usual it comes down to making choices and deciding which feature matters most.
    Oh! and I don't think HD video is an option either.
    Last edited by Peekayoh; 05-26-2009 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Afterthought

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •