Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Aryajaide View Post
    Don...are you suggesting to stay away from second hand?
    Ah, you got the memo, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Aryajaide View Post
    I have read the 'sticky' and that to be honest, my future lenses will be based on what is suggested. That's why I 'll be buying the 17-50. I assume that it the same - the 'sticky' and this one for sale.
    Yes ... SONY-Mount, it should be. There has only been on version of the 17-50 f/2.8 that I am aware of.

Anyway ... if you can trust the reseller and believe that if the lens is defective in any way, it can be returned without litigation ... then why not? But, if there is any funny crap ... RUN!

My biggest complaint is people who are NOW trying to relive the Minolta experience through SONY's DSLRs. Some lenses are fine ... others are so dated it becomes increasingly hard to turn out a good image. They were designed for FILM ... not a digital sensor ... and it shows. Di-II or DI lenses were not just for sales purposes. There are legitimate concerns that you experience using a DSLR ... that simply did not exist using a 35mm-film SLR. Also, there are ADI aspects to new lenses that are not enjoyed using older glass. You can miss a lot using your flash by not having the ADI feature. I have demonstrated this earlier and it can be and is a real problem. Anyway ... the list continues and I do not want to relive this again and again.

My advice: use good, modern lenses when you can ... and love the results.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 05-21-2009 at 09:46 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi