Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, that was the idea ... clarity. We all need to focus on the "basics."

I am extremely content that the content of my explanations do the trick. Words can be ambiguous ... and it can take quite a few to properly get the message across, occasionally.

All too often I find myself missing a "NOT" or a some other intent changing word and feel rather foolish. That just happens when you hang it all out there, trying to be quick and hopefully helpful ... and not have an editor reading your handiwork.

Thank you for your supportive comments, David.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
    I steered clear of the shrapnel emanating through my monitor from DCRP the past month or two - I'll chat elsewhere before participating in flame wars. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and it may not match yours - their copy of your favorite lens might have been a dog, they came from another brand, whatever. If the tone lightens up around here, I'll come back more often, maybe even become a 'regular'. And if more lurkers chime in, stats will rise and good things will happen. Let's all play nice.. please?
    Thanks for all your efforts on the forum's behalf, Don.
    Last edited by jimr-pdx; 05-20-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: felt like it
    JimR - gear list changes daily
    http://picasaweb.google.com/alphaPDX

Jimr ... I appreciate your reply and I believe, like anything ... that passion is key to continued interest. It is important to proclaim good results when you can get them ... and deal with failure, when you cannot.

I feel I have been most fortunate with the A700 and certainly do not regret the decision to stick with it. It has shown me aspect of photography that, in the past, were all but impossible. I find that very hard to be considered a negative and am more than happy to try and spread those findings with THIS forum.

Who knows what the future holds for the SONY bunch? I have my suspicions, just like anyone else. I certainly invite the "lurkers" to chime in and become part of the exchange. Anyone can certainly come and go as they please ... except for "coldrain" ... that account kind of wore out the welcome mat.

Hey, we are all here for probably the same reason: We enjoy our expensive cameras and want to make them perform as well as they can. Sound like a noble effort to me.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi