Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    LOL....Don is old as the dinosaurs so IS is extremely important to him. i think it would be one of the first things i would miss too but i won't be finding out anytime soon!

i have a little gripe about the a700s grip though. the one for the a300 was deep just like the regular handle grip on the camera itself. but the one for the a700 is not as deep. or maybe i should say the grip part does not protrude as much as the on camera grip.
    my fingers don't wrap around it all too well :-(
    but i still prefer having the grip on anyway....it's sooo purdy with all those buttons on the back!
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha82 View Post
    LOL....Don is old as the dinosaurs so IS is extremely important to him. i think it would be one of the first things i would miss too but i won't be finding out anytime soon!

i have a little gripe about the a700s grip though. the one for the a300 was deep just like the regular handle grip on the camera itself. but the one for the a700 is not as deep. or maybe i should say the grip part does not protrude as much as the on camera grip.
    my fingers don't wrap around it all too well :-(
    but i still prefer having the grip on anyway....it's sooo purdy with all those buttons on the back!
    Make it purdier, add some gold bling!

http://global.ebay.com/Sony_A700_24K...045554816/item
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

yeah i saw that but i hate anything shiny so unless there is a brushed aluminium version of that or even a wooden trim or carbon fiber, i'm not going anywhere near it.

this coming from a guy that wears a 22k gold and bracelet!
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Thank you very much for all your input. I am sending it back and look for a good allround lens for me .

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Jason, I was seriously thinking of pitching all my SONY/Minolta stuff so I could shop with them, too. Then I woke up ... and yes, it was just a nightmare. Whew! We all have our reasons ...

To be honest, unless they fronted me an EOS 1Ds Mk III and the EF 85mm f/1.2L II lens on it ... I wouldn't bother changing. Just too deep and I hate the no IS for PRIMES-idea more than you can imagine.

LOL ... good luck
    oh yeah...that makes sense. please give me a mkIII and a 85/1.2 for my tamrn and sony a700. lol
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Hey ... a deal is a deal, Rooz. Remember, I've already been there ONCE! Twice shy!
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

no worries don, when it comes off, PM me their number. i gotta sack of broken glass...err...sorry....DIAMONDS, i wanna offload, real cheap. lol
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr