Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Earning something back

We all know this is an expensive hobby...So I'm curious as to how to best make some money out of it. I'm not expecting a lot by any means, and don't have any opportunity to set up a business shooting models etc so no joy there.

I'm talking more along the lines of stock image sites and the like. I know the income would be a slow trickle at best from anything like this, but it's a slow trickle more than I'd have otherwise.

So I'm looking for ideas - What's the best way to go about this, or is it really not worth it at all? I'm new to this area of photography so need some advice.

Thanks for your time
    Gear List:
    Canon 40D + Sigma 18-50mm + Canon 55-250mm

My Gallery

Just to clarify, I didn't mean I'm new to photography - Just new to the area of making money from it. Thanks for the advice
    Gear List:

My Gallery

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Buy a very long lens and take blurry snapshots of celebrities then sell them to tabloid papers

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Buy a very long lens and take blurry snapshots of celebrities then sell them to tabloid papers
    Now THAT sounds reasonable. Unfortunately the closest thing to a celebrity where I live is the person who wins the local produce show, so I'd need an observatory to get a photo of anyone famous.
    Gear List:

My Gallery

Hmm I had the opportunity to take a cell phone photo of a very big FoxNews anchor smoking pot.. I should have