Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

how to burn digital camera mpeg movies to a dvd

how do i burn digital camera mpeg movies to a dvd ?

what program should i use i have a used one or two but they seem to mess up alot.. ulead is one i have used..

I have a sony mavica that takes great short movies i want to put them a dvd.

any help would be great

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by derrickandkara

what program should i use i have a used one or two but they seem to mess up alot.. ulead is one i have used..

any help would be great
    What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to write to a video DVD for use with a television or a DVD for use with a PC?

If it's the former, I recommend avoiding most of the DVD/CD writing software. I have tried:
    Sonic - doesn't work at all.
    Nero - doesn't write VCDs unless I buy an add-on. (If I buy software, I want it to work completely. I won't but that and then an add-on).
    Roxio - worst piece of trash tried so far.
    Arc-Soft - Very simplistic and is definitely not user-friendly.
    Picasa - won't write vCDs or video DVDs.
    VCD Easy - incomplete. Comes up with a missing DLL error.

All I can really say is that no software for PC that I've tried thus far is worthwhile.

Rhys, which Nero are you using? I have Nero 5.5 and it works for vCD. I haven't had to get an add-on.

Steve

i am trying to burn a dvd to watch oin my tv

i am trying to burn a dvd to watch oin my tv I have tried roxio easy media 7 it sucked

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    i am trying to burn a dvd to watch oin my tv I have tried roxio easy media 7 it sucked
    My Nero 5.5 doesn't do vCDs. It was bundled with my reader so it might be incomplete.

I took Roxio back to the shop and requested a refund or a credit. They played awkward so I told them I'd challenge the whole bill via my cc company if they didn't honour the trades descriptions act. The trades descriptions act states that goods must be fit for the purpose for which they are supplied and Roxio certainly was not. In the end they gave me a refund when they found I was not going to cave in to their bullying.

Thatcher, Major and Blair's legacies are that you have to fight for your rights. They don't come automatically any more - which is why shops get away with flogging trash. Incidentally, I found the price that the shop had charged (after I'd had my refund and was looking at other software) was double the normal price for the software.

any help would be great
    I recommend Ulead VideoStudio - you can get it for under $100.

cavalierrs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gary_hendricks
    I recommend Ulead VideoStudio - you can get it for under $100.

I have had really good luck with Pinnacle's PhotoStudio 9.

I have a Sony DSC-W1 and was able to take vidoes from it and put it to dvd that I can watch on most dvd players.