Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Guitarist in the park

i know this pic is in desperate need of cropping, but for some reason i like it the way it is.
    this was shot from across the pond which unfortunately can't be seen in the picture....

Shadow/Highlight adjusted version

Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Actually, the first shot works better for me ... the lighting appears very natural, where in the second seems to have ... well, awkward lighting about it. Especially the grass ... it looks ... over-sharp .. and not very natural. Almost like it had been sketched in ... if you know what I mean.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

yeah i know what you mean. although the only difference between them is the highlight and shadow adjustment. but it seems to have effected the picture in other ways as well.
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

1st shot is miles better. be careful you dont overprocess your photos elisha. you're good enuf at this not to have to and i notice lately theres alot of PP creeping in there, especially oversharpening.
    D800e l V1 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l EP5 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

I agree with what everyone else said. The tree is a little too bright (layer mask would darken it well) and that bush/twig tree thing to his right is a bit distracting.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II