Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

This isnt deserving of a new thread

BUT I GOT MY D90 A FEW HOURS AGO AND IM SO EFFIN HAPPY!!! Spent the first hour or so reading the manual PDF and getting to know the buttons. TBH the amount of buttons were kinda intemidating to me coming from the D40 but with it actually in my hands how its not that bad. I have really big hands so the size difference is awesome. Cant wait to figure out the exposure bracketing and bang out some REAL HDRs

I feel so stupid cuz I spend about 2 hours troubleshooting why my explorer.exe was crashing repeatedly after I put an NEF on my desktop when all I had to do was update Camera RAW lol.. -_____-;
    Nikon D90, D40 Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
    Vertical Grip, SB-600, SB-24, Sunpak 433D, Metz 40AF-4N, Alienbees CyberSync Triggers

R3G Media | Flickr

"You're pulling some awesome action shots with a cam and lens that are supposed to be rubbish ! " - Rooz

Quote Originally Posted by r3g View Post
    BUT I GOT MY D90 A FEW HOURS AGO AND IM SO EFFIN HAPPY!!! Spent the first hour or so reading the manual PDF and getting to know the buttons. TBH the amount of buttons were kinda intemidating to me coming from the D40 but with it actually in my hands how its not that bad. I have really big hands so the size difference is awesome. Cant wait to figure out the exposure bracketing and bang out some REAL HDRs

I feel so stupid cuz I spend about 2 hours troubleshooting why my explorer.exe was crashing repeatedly after I put an NEF on my desktop when all I had to do was update Camera RAW lol.. -_____-;
    Congrats on the D90. Definitely a big step up from the D40 with regard to feature the features, and quick changing of settings. You will also see how handy the top LCD is and wonder how you ever managed to live without one.

Are you keeping your D40, or selling it off?
    Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | Nikkor 12-24/4 | Nikkor 50/1.8 | Nikkor 70-200/2.8 VRI | Sigma 18-50/2.8 | SB-800 | SB-80DX (x4) | Radiopopper JrX Studio |

Congrats Lil Bro! Now you have no excuse not to be out there shooting. And try out the movie mode and let me know how you like it. I think I used movie mode on the S3 twice. Haven't tried the 90 yet. lol

Quote Originally Posted by VTEC_EATER View Post
    Sell the D40 blasphemy I tell you or you try to pick up a D40 on the lo lo VTEC_EATER? j/k
    Last edited by XaiLo; 04-06-2009 at 04:04 PM.
    I thought about who I am... and realized I was an
    unformed, unreconciled imagery, without "GOD"

NikonD?
    and some other Nikon stuff

0.0%

congrats reggie.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Congratulations, now when are you getting a man size camera?

(I think that my attitude seems to have changed lately)

Congrats

I sure hope you love it or else I would have wasted a lot of money going straight to the D90 vs getting the D40!!

But you'll love it!
    John

D90 with the 18-105 kit lens M-Rock Yellowstone bag, 35 mm F1.8 G, and a SB-600 Flash
    Wants: Too many and I need to become a better photographer first anyway!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33718659@N04/

BJ, you wont regret making the move you did. alot of it comes down to budget and youre fortunate in that you had the budget to jump right into a d90. reggie was one of the pioneers of the d40 on this forum so its kinda sad for him to retire a piece of equipment that has produced so many wonderful shots. there are a handful of d40 shooters in here who put others to shame considering what they were doing with the cheapest setup around.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by VTEC_EATER View Post

Giving it to my GF as her first DSLR. That way she can put that ol A1 away and I'll still be able to use it as a backup if I ever need a second body.

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    Congratulations, now when are you getting a man size camera?
    What I lack in camera I make up with my motorcycle

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    BJ, you wont regret making the move you did. alot of it comes down to budget and youre fortunate in that you had the budget to jump right into a d90. reggie was one of the pioneers of the d40 on this forum so its kinda sad for him to retire a piece of equipment that has produced so many wonderful shots. there are a handful of d40 shooters in here who put others to shame considering what they were doing with the cheapest setup around.
    Wow.. That means a lot to me Rooz, thx

Quote Originally Posted by XaiLo View Post
    Congrats Lil Bro! Now you have no excuse not to be out there shooting.

3 shoots in the past week and a half.. I'M TRYING I TELL YOU!!
    Last edited by r3g; 04-06-2009 at 05:36 PM.
    Vertical Grip, SB-600, SB-24, Sunpak 433D, Metz 40AF-4N, Alienbees CyberSync Triggers

R3G Media | Flickr

"You're pulling some awesome action shots with a cam and lens that are supposed to be rubbish ! " - Rooz

I find this thread entirely justified. You've done some amazing work with D40, so I'm anxious to see how much the hardware change will improve you.

I already envy your work, now i'm going to have to stop looking at it! (Kidding of course )
    Nikon D90 : Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8 AF : Nikkor 18-55mm AF-S DX : Nikkor 50mm 1.8 AF : 2x SB900 : Nikkor 35mm 1.8 AF-S : Total Noob : Tips Appreciated! Flickr! Blog!

Had no idea people liked my work so much. You guys r making me feel like a real photographer or somethin

The one thing that does bug me though is not being able to sync my flashes above 1/250sec shutter. I was syncing the D40 at almost 1/1250. Guess Ill be stopping down a lot more from now on. Any reason they dont give all the Nikons electronic shutters? From what I read thats the reason the D40 can sync so fast (as opposed to mechanical shutters) and faster sync speeds seem to be something everyone is begging for in the world of strobist.

R3G Media | Flickr