Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.

Chief Silverheels

I went to a Pow-Wow and Indian Wedding today. Look at the business card - it's mine This guy's dad played Tonto.

Direct link: http://picasaweb.google.com/SagePhot...97923724008914
    Last edited by Rhys; 04-18-2009 at 07:19 PM.

Very Cool. Nice shot Rhys. Wasn't his dad's name Jay?
    We have Pow-Wows around here too. There are special photography rules that apply, in case anyone of you happen along this type of opportunity.

You are allowed to take pictures while the Grand Entry is in progress but please do not take any photographs during the Flag Song, during the prayer, or if a dancer drops an Eagle feather. If a dancer drops an Eagle feather a respected elder or a veteran must perform a short ceremony and prayer to pick up the fallen feather, no photographs during this event what-so-ever!

Do not take any photographs of a dancer unless you ask their permission first. When a dancer is in the arena they are normally fair game for pictures, but when you see them up close and outside of the arena it is polite to ask for their permission first.

These are listed under "The Pow-Wow etiquette".
    Don't worry, going to one of these can be very rewarding. The penalty can be fun as well learning to trade something for a violation of a rule. Here is a link to one of our local sites. I'm sure this isn't the only culture that may have some rules to play by concerning our photos.
    http://www.powwowok.com/etiquette

Spook
    Canon EOS 50D,7D and some lens and equipment.
    Fuji F200 Exr

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    The only do not we were told of was no photography during the fire ceremony. I respected that.

Yes. His dad was Jay Silverheels.

Quote Originally Posted by fast1 View Post
    cool, nice shots, thanks for sharing
    +1
    I really like the portrait shots you've got...
    Film
    Nikon EM, Series E lenses 50mm f1.8|28mm f1.8|100mm f2.8, Sigma 80-200mm f4.5-5.6
    Minolta Riva 100AF, Sinpo PQ-3, Olympus mju-III wide 100, Yashica 635
    Digital
    Sony cybershot W90, cybershot T90
    Canon A720i|400D|7D|5DMKII|85mm f1.8|24-105mm f4|135mm f2|40mm f2.8|430EX II*2|BG-E3|BG-E7
    Sigma 24mm f1.8|50mm f2.8|105mm f2.8 Samyang 8mm fisheye
    Portfolio