Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Man this sucks, I was going to wait and see how this turned out Don, and then order the same rocket or the second one you tried to order. i don't know what is up with estes, you can't find hardly anything in stock, you have to order direct and wait, even engines are hard to fund the 'hobby shops' don't hardly carry anything you have to actualy 'put together' anymore. I can't even find good old large scale models anymore! what was the all black tall boy estes used to make the Vulcan? I had one back in the day as it were. Seems like anything fun is to expensive, to dangerous or is just plan bad for you.
    Sony A700_____________Minolta AF 50mm. F/1.7
    Minolta AF 70-210mm F/3.5-4.5 Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DiII LD Asp. [IF]
    Tamron SP AF 70-200mm. F/2.8 DI LD [IF] Macro
    Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2
    Tokina AF 28-70mm F/3.5-4.5
    Tokina AF AT-X 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6
    http://flickr.com/

Lightbulb A black bolt ...

Quote Originally Posted by seanhoxx View Post
    I can't even find good old large scale models anymore! what was the all black tall boy estes used to make the Vulcan? I had one back in the day as it were. Seems like anything fun is to expensive, to dangerous or is just plan bad for you.

Name:  meanmachine.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  3.7 KB I think you may mean the "MEAN MACHINE" ... a rocket nearly 6.5" long. If painted black and left in the sun ... it tended to warp. Heck, you did not need to launch this one, it was half way up there BEFORE you started.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Thats awesome!
    Nikon D90, D40 Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
    Vertical Grip, SB-600, SB-24, Sunpak 433D, Metz 40AF-4N, Alienbees CyberSync Triggers

R3G Media | Flickr

"You're pulling some awesome action shots with a cam and lens that are supposed to be rubbish ! " - Rooz

The "BoosterVision" camera system showed up, today. The actual camera's size is about an inch cubed. It has a pig-tail antenna and also the lead for 9vDC power.

Name:  Camera-&-nose-cones.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  354.2 KB

It looks to be easy enough to mount in the Phoenix Nose-cone or the V-2 nose cone. I will probably set up a removable mount for BOTH, and have room to spare. Basically the really work will be mounting a small mirror to reflect the image into the camera from the side of the nose cone. Fashioning a fairing to enshroud the tiny mirror looks to be simple enough. I know, I know ... big words ... lets see some results.

The receiver module is a four-channel unit, but the cameras are pre-set to a specific frequency, meaning if you wanted "Channel 3" camera and you received a "Channel 2" camera, you need to repurchase a "channel 3" camera. The receiver switches across all four channels ... the camera does not. They are what hey are. I guess that is just in case if you and a buddy are launching camera-installed rockets ... and are planning a mid-air collision ... you need to know what channel he is stuck on, before you order yours ... otherwise signal blitz!

Remember, each of these babies can transmit over 4000 feet. It would be very easy to have someone interfere with your signal if members of your rocket club are using these things.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 04-20-2009 at 06:40 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi