Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Canon XSi / 450D - import version, gray market

Anyone have any experience in the USA purchasing one of the "import" version and/or gray market cameras ? The price difference between the US version and the import version are great.

From what I understand, there is no USA warranty on the import version. (Is there any warranty at all ?)

The default language, from what I understand, is also in Japanese, but can be changed to English, and it will work just the same.

Comments ?

Looking specially at :

- http://www.need4digital.com/product....mid=cneosrdxsi

Thanks.

Need4Digital operates under a few names, and there are no ratings for them on resellerratings.com (http://www.resellerratings.com/store/5th_Ave_Digital). I would be highly suspicious of buying from a place like that, or any place that offers unbelievable deals. They'll likely charge you for things that should be included (battery, etc) and cancel your order if you don't buy them.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

As DM says, always check a website out at Reseller Ratings, there are tons of "bait 'n' switch" companies out there waiting to rip you off. And gray market cameras are identical in quality, but have no warranty in the US. However, resellers like B&H Photo sell them and offer their own warranty on gray market products, and they usually match the US box retail warranties.
    Canon 5D Mark II (Canon 35mm/1.4L | Canon 24-70 f/2.8L | Canon 135mm/2L | 430EX II | Gitzo G1125 + 494RC2)

flickr

I bought a new camera. It's very advanced - you don't even need it. ~Steven Wright