Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you're willing to look at some of the Leica/Panasonic-branded lenses the 4/3s system expands considerably.

Also a choice is the Sigma 30mm F1.4, which with the 4/3s crop factor is a 60mm prime. I would actually suggest this above the 25MM F2.8 pancake, as that lens did have make some concessions optically to make it small.

If you're doing on-location portrait work, I'd actually look into the E-520 and a few FL-36Rs, since the 520 has wireless flash control built-in, whereas with the Canon you'll either need to upgrade to a 40d or look at something like a set of Cactus triggers (which aren't bad at all).

Thanks everyone... I did a bunch of research and got nikon d90. now i have to get lenses!

The best plans of mice and men! The D90 is an excellent camera. Recall I said earlier that lenses are more important than cameras, so be sure to choose good ones. I think Nikon's new 50mm f/1.4 would be nice for portraits, but be sure to ask around, I'm sure more knowledgeable people than myself will be happy to advise.